5,594,805 Members 37,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can I get my Note 3 back to just out of the box state?

Tip us?
 
vinokirk
Old
(Last edited by vinokirk; 24th December 2013 at 06:19 PM.)
#1  
vinokirk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 1,722
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England
Default [Q] How can I get my Note 3 back to just out of the box state?

For some reason i cant hook my note up to my pc using usb.
I tried factory reset from the bootloader menu but the usb still doesnt connect to my pc.
Ive tried every driver possible but no pc will recognise my note.

After i factory reset, the phone had still remembered my altered boot.prop as its still in 360dpi.
What i want to try is to get my phone back to how it was when i first took it out its box. Hopefully then the usb will work, if not then ill send it for repair.
How can i do this?
Current Devices:
Samsung GT-I9300 - Galaxy S3 | Samsung GT-N9005 - Note 3 - Knox 0x1 - X-Note 10.0
Previous Devices:
Samsung N7000 | Samsung I9100 | HTC Ace | Dell Mini 5 | HTC Leo | HTC Kovsky | HTC Universal | HTC Blue Angel
My Mobile History:
 
jaythenut
Old
#2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1255
Posts: 4,383
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk View Post
For some reason i cant hook my note up to my pc using usb.
I tried factory reset from the bootloader menu but the usb still doesnt connect to my pc.
Ive tried every driver possible but no pc will recognise my note.

After i factory reset, the phone had still remembered my altered boot.prop as its still in 360dpi.
What i want to try is to get my phone back to how it was when i first took it out its box. Hopefully then the usb will work, if not then ill send it for repair.
How can i do this?
you have to flash stock rom found here www.sammoblie.com
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
 
vinokirk
Old
#3  
vinokirk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 1,722
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
you have to flash stock rom found here www.sammoblie.com
Is there a way i can do that without usb?
Current Devices:
Samsung GT-I9300 - Galaxy S3 | Samsung GT-N9005 - Note 3 - Knox 0x1 - X-Note 10.0
Previous Devices:
Samsung N7000 | Samsung I9100 | HTC Ace | Dell Mini 5 | HTC Leo | HTC Kovsky | HTC Universal | HTC Blue Angel
My Mobile History:
 
Killberty
Old
#4  
Killberty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 380
Posts: 1,103
Join Date: Oct 2013
Factory reset in recovery mode

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
 
vinokirk
Old
#5  
vinokirk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 1,722
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
Factory reset in recovery mode
Done that, as stated in OP
It doesnt get it back to out of box state.
Current Devices:
Samsung GT-I9300 - Galaxy S3 | Samsung GT-N9005 - Note 3 - Knox 0x1 - X-Note 10.0
Previous Devices:
Samsung N7000 | Samsung I9100 | HTC Ace | Dell Mini 5 | HTC Leo | HTC Kovsky | HTC Universal | HTC Blue Angel
My Mobile History:
 
st3chn0
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 268
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Leeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk View Post
Is there a way i can do that without usb?
Flashing using Odin must be done using usb (use a 2.0 cable)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Nokia 5310 -> Samsung F400 -> Galaxy S1 -> Galaxy S2 ->Galaxy S3 -> Xperia Ray -> Galaxy Note 3
 
zsolti256
Old
#7  
zsolti256's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 362
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk View Post
Done that, as stated in OP
It doesnt get it back to out of box state.
Download your original rom to the phone, and use mobile odin? Dont know if that will trip knox.
Also you could try kies threw wifi
SM-N9005!! 0x1 Free at last!!!
AOSP][CM11][NIGHTLY][4.4.2][ROM]BeanStalk UNOFFICIAL Build[18/Mar/2014]

The Following User Says Thank You to zsolti256 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more