5,594,518 Members 32,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4 in 2104 sweet

Tip us?

RockRatt
Old
(Last edited by RockRatt; 25th December 2013 at 01:46 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyredcorn View Post
There are already 4.4 ROM's out for anyone with MDL. Kangakat, Cm11. Why anyone would want a 4.4 build of Touchwiz is beyond me.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung holds off on 4.4 until the gs5. I'm positive my next device will not be a Galaxy as I'm sure it's gonna be locked down.

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy S4 Running KangaKit powered by ktoonez's Kernel!
Ya I know. I had used CM and AOKP for a few years. At the time I loved that it had MORE options than any TW Roms. But now with some great devs for TW firmwares we have many of the great features I liked on CM/AOKP. Plus I like some of the features of TW like actually taking spectacular pics with the camera. I am sure CM/AOKP take good pics but with the TW drivers it was never the same.
So with great devs and many add on mods built in, plus Wanam, etc. I do not feel like having just OK drivers for certain hardwares that function great on TW firmwares. Plus I can debloat all the crapware to the point I like it. So personally for me, I will stick with TW based Roms until I either get a new phone (won't be buying a Samsung that has locked bootloaders EVER so NO MORE ATT phones will I be purchasing. So maybe a T-Mobile phone IF I stick with Sammy if they keep using non locked bootloaders.)
Everyone has their opinions and choices and I respect that. This is just my personal preference at this time.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

mg2195
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2588

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
There are already 4.4 ROM's out for anyone with MDL. Kangakat, Cm11. Why anyone would want a 4.4 build of Touchwiz is beyond me.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung holds off on 4.4 until the gs5. I'm positive my next device will not be a Galaxy as I'm sure it's gonna be locked down.

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy S4 Running KangaKit powered by ktoonez's Kernel!
If the locked bootlader is the reason your avoiding samsung...than you need tp avoid every att branded phone as they made an announcement quite some time ago thwy will no longer support unlocked phones...in other words every new att phone will come with a locked bootloader...of course this could change, but for now just use your upgrade and sell the phone unopened and buy an international or some other phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Wanna learn to develop/mod/do cool things? Check out this forum here on xda...its a great starting place full of helpful people! (its where i learned to compile from source :P)
Chef Central > Android

Relayers
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
because these ROMs are so great... NOT.

wghummel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
By the time AT&T pushes KitKat for the S4, I'll probably already be on an S5 or Note 4...

On the greener side of the pasture, anybody have a clue how fast T-Mo is with updating?