Accidentally Unrooted.

Tip us?

ZombieFuzz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Accidentally Unrooted.

Okay. So I am monumentally pissed.

My friend was helping me install a Japanese version of a game that didn't allow root, so basically, he downloaded SuperSu and updated the freaking bianaries(?), which somehow unrooted me.

Extra info if it helps...

HTC Inspire 4G
Custom ROM: JellyTime R11...

So now I can't access anything root related, and of the likes, so this leads me to a couple of questions.

How do I re-root my HTC and How do I re-root without clearing everything now that I can't use Titanium Backup?

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

(Mods: If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it, or point me in the right direction.)

Sent from my Rooted HTC Inspire 4G. Running JellyTime R11 from Tapatalk 2.

bananagranola
Old
Thanks Meter 1591
Don't worry, there's no need to be monumentally pissed. Download the SuperSU zip from its thread on XDA and flash it from your custom recovery. If you don't have a custom recovery install one first from fastboot.
Please do not PM me tech support questions. They're best suited for the open forums, where multiple pairs of eyes are on the problem.

ZombieFuzz
Old
(Last edited by ZombieFuzz; 24th December 2013 at 08:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry, but how do I reboot into recovery with no root privileges? Also, my volume down button isn't responsive. Please help! Thank you.

Steam.
Old
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieFuzz View Post
Sorry, but how do I reboot into recovery with no root privileges? Also, my volume down button isn't responsive. Please help! Thank you.

Enable advanced reboot by going to developer options in settings(you can enable developer options by tapping the build number field several times in the about phone menu in settings)

ZombieFuzz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Thanks guys!

It appears to be working just fine now.

I Love you (non-sexually, of course.)