XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Uk back to US rom question

Tip us?

cnova
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Uk back to US rom question

I am on the UK rom and thought about going to the US rom, but I am rooted and have null installed and have my gear right how I want it. So the question is If I flash the US rom will I lose my root and all of my stuff and have to do it all over? I am new to this.

almulder1092
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnova View Post
I am on the UK rom and thought about going to the US rom, but I am rooted and have null installed and have my gear right how I want it. So the question is If I flash the US rom will I lose my root and all of my stuff and have to do it all over? I am new to this.
Yes you will be wiping everything when you flash the new firmware. It basically formats and re writes then new firmware. There is no need to switch back to US version. I am still on UK aswell with no plans of redoing to usa version.

Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)

If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!

Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot

cnova
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by almulder1092 View Post
Yes you will be wiping everything when you flash the new firmware. It basically formats and re writes then new firmware. There is no need to switch back to US version. I am still on UK aswell with no plans of redoing to usa version.
Thank you for the info. I don't think I will go back.

jhobert
Old
Thanks Meter 18
+1

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sdrewh
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I tried to Odin back to the US ROM and all I get is stuck on the Samsung screen on the gear. I even tried to go back to stock UK and same result. Everything flashes fine just won't get off the Samsung screen. Only way I can get the gear to work again is to Odin the recovery and flash null. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

nccu_eagles
Old
Thanks Meter 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrewh View Post
I tried to Odin back to the US ROM and all I get is stuck on the Samsung screen on the gear. I even tried to go back to stock UK and same result. Everything flashes fine just won't get off the Samsung screen. Only way I can get the gear to work again is to Odin the recovery and flash null. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to nccu_eagles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Psychotic Penguin
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
For me battery life's much improved with the US firmware.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk