XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [q] wifi tethering issue - 4.3

Tip us?

Damianmalik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] [q] wifi tethering issue - 4.3

I updated to 4.3 via Kies . and rooted via Kingo . so im on a stock 4.3 rooted mk4 ROM . I'm trying to tether but i can't get anything to work . I tried using the TrevEmod but that starts with errors and I think its because its unable to find the log file. Either way it goes, I'm not a big enough phonebwiz to be able to figure out a fix for it . I cannot get the native hotspot to work either. What do I do ?

&& for anyone that suggests I flash something...
1) do I need a custom recovery such a twrp or cwm .. Or can I use the stock one. If so how do I get a custom recovery ?
2) does anyone have an odexed mk4 hotspot hack ? (the links to it)
3)when flashing , is it best to flash through odin or the recovery ? And if I flash through Odin , do I still select the PDA option and then find the zip file and press start ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated , Thanks !

LordLugard
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damianmalik View Post
I updated to 4.3 via Kies . and rooted via Kingo . so im on a stock 4.3 rooted mk4 ROM . I'm trying to tether but i can't get anything to work . I tried using the TrevEmod but that starts with errors and I think its because its unable to find the log file. Either way it goes, I'm not a big enough phonebwiz to be able to figure out a fix for it . I cannot get the native hotspot to work either. What do I do ?

1) do I need a custom recovery such a twrp or cwm .. Or can I use the stock one. If so how do I get a custom recovery ?
2) does anyone have an odexed mk4 hotspot hack ? (the links to it)
3)when flashing , is it best to flash through odin or the recovery ? And if I flash through Odin , do I still select the PDA option and then find the zip file and press start ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated , Thanks !
Native hotspot ofcourse will work if you have a legit tethering plan, otherwise look for a ROM that has it baked in. Folks are having issues with WiFi Tether TrevEmod and 4.3 for now so until that's fixed or updated...one of the reasons i'm staying put on 4.1.2.

1) Yes, you need a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM to flash stuff.
2) Look in the Development sections.
3) Doesn't really matter, ODIN or recovery. Recovery is more convenient (download zip file to SD card or internal memory, boot into recovery and flash away), whereas ODIN requires the use of a computer, USB cable, drivers etc. (but then there's mobile ODIN...). Flashing in ODIN goes through the PDA section and usually requires a .tar file. The .tar file could be zipped up, so you'd have to unzip the file and place the .tar file in the PDA section.
Previous mistresses:
Epic Touch (Galaxy)
Nexus S 4G
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2)
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2 (Current)
The Following User Says Thank You to LordLugard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Damianmalik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLugard View Post
Native hotspot ofcourse will work if you have a legit tethering plan, otherwise look for a ROM that has it baked in. Folks are having issues with WiFi Tether TrevEmod and 4.3 for now so until that's fixed or updated...one of the reasons i'm staying put on 4.1.2.

1) Yes, you need a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM to flash stuff.
2) Look in the Development sections.
3) Doesn't really matter, ODIN or recovery. Recovery is more convenient (download zip file to SD card or internal memory, boot into recovery and flash away), whereas ODIN requires the use of a computer, USB cable, drivers etc. (but then there's mobile ODIN...). Flashing in ODIN goes through the PDA section and usually requires a .tar file. The .tar file could be zipped up, so you'd have to unzip the file and place the .tar file in the PDA section.

Thanks man , I wasnt quite sure how that worked!

hryder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tethering Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damianmalik View Post
Thanks man , I wasnt quite sure how that worked!
You need to uninstall update to T-Mobile My Account app or uninstall it altogether.