XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No sound

Tip us?

kaospiloten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question No sound

I rooted and flashed a Google edition rom on my phone. Worked great. Wanted to try a Kitkat rom so flashed a new modem with Odin.(UEMK9) That also worked great. Then I wanted to go back to a "stock" Samsung rom, I choose Mike's Arhd and flashed the rom and the wifi fix for my modem.I had sound on the first boot but the wifi did not work so i decidet to flash both rom and fix again. Full wipe both in phils recovery and aroma. Rom booted but wifi still does not work and now also no sound. Tryed to flash again but the same problems every time. Flashed other roms and wifi works but I still have no sound. Can anyone help me?

AnaMajhol
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Hi..
Sound can be easily fixed by flashing the right modem.. so the problem now is the wifi..
To fix wifi do the following:

Open build.prob and change this value from:
ro.securestorage.support=true
To
ro.securestorage.support=false

And the wifi will work. . Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

kaospiloten
Old
(Last edited by kaospiloten; 16th December 2013 at 07:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMajhol View Post
Hi..
Sound can be easily fixed by flashing the right modem.. so the problem now is the wifi..
To fix wifi do the following:

Open build.prob and change this value from:
ro.securestorage.support=true
To
ro.securestorage.support=false

And the wifi will work. . Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Hi
Thanks for your answer and help Mikes Rom has I9505XXUBMGA base so I flashed modem with the same name but still no sound. When I connect headphones the phone freze up. Also when i connect the phone to my laptop it still recognises the phone as 9505G!!?? This is after I have flashed Mikes "stock" rom. Strange stuff?? I did not try to edit the build prop for the wifi fix.

Btw, mu fw is PDA:MGA PHONE:MGA CSC:MG4 (TMB)

AnaMajhol
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaospiloten View Post
Hi
Thanks for your answer and help Mikes Rom has I9505XXUBMGA base so I flashed modem with the same name but still no sound. When I connect headphones the phone freze up. Also when i connect the phone to my laptop it still recognises the phone as 9505G!!?? This is after I have flashed Mikes "stock" rom. Strange stuff?? I did not try to edit the build prop for the wifi fix.

Btw, mu fw is PDA:MGA PHONE:MGA CSC:MG4 (TMB)
Really strange.. remember when you flash a modem to completely turn off the phone then enter the download mode (don't use restart menu to enter download mode) and when you flash a modem, flash it twice (turn off your phone after the first flash)
But sorry all that problems caused a headache for me
Btw since all of that problems happen to you with AR rom try another 4.2.2 roms and always remember to full wipe..

Good luck..
The Following User Says Thank You to AnaMajhol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaospiloten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I gave up the phone for a few days, downloaded everything again and flashed and this time it worked :P Strange since I had sound on the first flash But who cares as long as it works Merry Christmas and Thank you for your help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app