5,599,190 Members 36,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(solved: threw it in the trash) After soft-brick phone isn't working right.

Tip us?
Nabbu Old
(Last edited by Nabbu; 25th December 2013 at 02:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter
Exclamation (solved: threw it in the trash) After soft-brick phone isn't working right.

I tried to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1.1 and it soft-bricked my phone after flashing Slim ROM I could use the phone again but nothing works at all.
I don't have audio and can't play video and I can't flash anything with any recovery except certain 4.3 ROMs.
I've been dealing with this for weeks now and still no one has helped me here on XDA if you could please give me a walk through so I can have a useable phone again I'd appreciate it. If I can't get this fixed I'm just going to toss the phone in the trash because it doesn't do anything, play games, videos, music, flash roms, nada.
Update: I tried to "unbrick" it with instructions in the forum and now it's hard bricked. It's already in the trash. No more Samsungs for me.
I hate efuses.

jimchee
Old
Thanks Meter 32
can you get into d/l mode and recovery?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

diablo009
Old
Thanks Meter 1312
Did you try any stock based ROMs? If I can recall right, slim bean is pure android based.

AT&T Galaxy S3: [ROM] Intergalactic v4.1

All Infuse modems individually packed into CWM flashable packages

Android Memory Management
Customizing Icons

Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.
Nabbu Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchee View Post
can you get into d/l mode and recovery?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Yes I can use the phone and it boots up but everything is broken on it software wise. It's like I flashed an "international" build and now nothing works except I didn't flash international.
Nabbu Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009 View Post
Did you try any stock based ROMs? If I can recall right, slim bean is pure android based.
Every time I try to flash anything but pure android it fails to flash. I tried to odin 4.3 stock and it failed, tried CWM stock 4.3/4.4 flash which failed, tried TWRP stock 4.3 flash which failed. I can't access root yet I installed root. It's a whole list of issues that I have no clue how to fix. It was working perfect before this crap 4.3 bootloader which screwed up my phone.
Nabbu Old
Thanks Meter
I forgot to mention that when trying to flash stock it always fails to open the partition and then stops. It's the same for Odin.

Michael503
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabbu View Post
I forgot to mention that when trying to flash stock it always fails to open the partition and then stops. It's the same for Odin.
If I have picked up on the tidbits while surfing, I'd say that you ran afoul of knox.

can you reflash the bootloader?

I seem to recall that there was someone on ebay selling a unbricking service. It involved him doing some soldering inside the back cover and using a piece of machinery (not a PC) to re-flash a basic software package into it. I can't remember where it was, but the service wasn't much

Tags
galaxy, help & troubleshooting, no audio, no video, soft brick