5,597,084 Members 46,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any way to automatically delete apps?

Tip us?

suhaybh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] Any way to automatically delete apps?

I have a psychotic need to delete unused apps on my phone (voice dialer, face unlock etc.).

I frequently update to the latest nightlies when I am on a specific rom. However every time I do so the rom will reinstall system apps that I delete because they are useless. To delete system apps I have to use an app which is annoying. Its not a major concern, just a bit of a nuisance.

Is there anyway to blacklist apps to automatically uninstall them when I update my nightlies? Thanks for your help.

The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaybh View Post
I have a psychotic need to delete unused apps on my phone (voice dialer, face unlock etc.).

I frequently update to the latest nightlies when I am on a specific rom. However every time I do so the rom will reinstall system apps that I delete because they are useless. To delete system apps I have to use an app which is annoying. Its not a major concern, just a bit of a nuisance.

Is there anyway to blacklist apps to automatically uninstall them when I update my nightlies? Thanks for your help.
You can delete the unwanted apps from the zip file before you flash it

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Skazzy3
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 880

DONATE TO ME
There's no way to "blacklist". Either you reuninstall the apps everytime or you don't update every nightly. Sorry about that

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
I'm still alive. Just not very active on xda due to no access to android devices.