5,606,588 Members 35,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root N9005 [KNOX 0x0 Root]

Tip us?

whit3.
Old
(Last edited by whit3.; 23rd December 2013 at 06:00 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root N9005 [KNOX 0x0 Root]

Hello,

I want to root my device and I want to keep KNOX 0x0.

I know that there is Universal Root de la Vega v0.2 thread that will keep knox 0x0 , The problem is that i don't know which firmware to choose.

There is 3 diffrent country/carrier(Singapore (SingTel). Singapore (StarHub), Singapore), with the same AP/CSC/MODEM.

AP: N9005XXUDML2
CSC: N9005OLBDMK2
MODEM: N9005XXUDMJ7

How i can know which firmware to download and use it on Universal Root de la Vega v0.2?

antt00
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by whit3. View Post
Hello,

I want to root my device and I want to keep KNOX 0x0.

I know that there is Universal Root de la Vega v0.2 thread that will keep knox 0x0 , The problem is that i don't know which firmware to choose.

There is 3 diffrent country/carrier(Singapore (SingTel). Singapore (StarHub), Singapore), with the same PDA/CSC/MODEM.

PDA: N9005XXUDML2
CSC: N9005OLBDMK2
MODEM: N9005XXUDMJ7

How i can know which firmware to download and use it on Universal Root de la Vega v0.2?
You cannot root and keep knox 0x0 as your phone already have the updated bootloader.
Asus P525 (WM5 - WM6) ---> HP Ipaq 612c (WM6.5) ---> HTC HD2 (WM6.5.x - Android) ---> Samsung Galaxy S2 ---> Samsung Note 2 --> Samsung Note 3

ALEXNDR ROM (XXUENC2) // Clean Custom Kernel // Naxos Theme // TSF Shell Launcher

durhambaby
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by antt00 View Post
You cannot root and keep knox 0x0 as your phone already have the updated bootloader.
having the same problem... desperately waiting for new URDLV version that can root new bootloader without tripping knox...

antt00
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by durhambaby View Post
having the same problem... desperately waiting for new URDLV version that can root new bootloader without tripping knox...
Designgear already said it's not possible to root new bootloader with urdlv. I don't think he is even working in it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Asus P525 (WM5 - WM6) ---> HP Ipaq 612c (WM6.5) ---> HTC HD2 (WM6.5.x - Android) ---> Samsung Galaxy S2 ---> Samsung Note 2 --> Samsung Note 3

ALEXNDR ROM (XXUENC2) // Clean Custom Kernel // Naxos Theme // TSF Shell Launcher

whit3.
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Designgear already said it's not possible to root new bootloader with urdlv. I don't think he is even working in it.

So how did you flashed yours and keep the knox 0x0?

You have the same AP I have.

durhambaby
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

seriously? sad.. there will be somebody working on knox0x0 for new bootloader I hope..

used to have knox0x0 root on xMI3 until 1 day my hands were itchy & flashed the new MJ7 zzZZ...

antt00
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by whit3. View Post
So how did you flashed yours and keep the knox 0x0?

You have the same AP I have.
I started from MJ1 with the old bootloader. Rooted and just keep updating with URDLV of newer rom version while keeping the old bootloader.

vinokirk
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
I started from MJ1 with the old bootloader. Rooted and just keep updating with URDLV of newer rom version while keeping the old bootloader.
I have MJ1 rooted with the initial Vega method.
Could I use the new URDLV version 4 to get the latest version of the phones software and keep root?
Is it easy? Do I have to download a stock rom to modify?
Current Devices:
Samsung GT-I9300 - Galaxy S3 | Samsung GT-N9005 - Note 3 - Knox 0x1 - X-Note 10.0
Previous Devices:
Samsung N7000 | Samsung I9100 | HTC Ace | Dell Mini 5 | HTC Leo | HTC Kovsky | HTC Universal | HTC Blue Angel
My Mobile History:

topdee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I use note 3 n9005 with
Build Number: JSS15J N9005XXUB.M17
It's a Vodacom phone.
Pls help with rooting advice that won't trip knox
Thanx

antt00
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk View Post
I have MJ1 rooted with the initial Vega method.
Could I use the new URDLV version 4 to get the latest version of the phones software and keep root?
Is it easy? Do I have to download a stock rom to modify?
Yes you can. 2 ways.
1) Download the whole rom and URDLV it and flash with odin
2) Download the whole rom and flash with mobile odin pro with everroot turned on.

Either way you need to download the full rom first.