5,593,587 Members 37,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Evita Community Help ( Leaving my fate in your hands )

Tip us?

24ky
Old
(Last edited by 24ky; 15th December 2013 at 09:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1166

DONATE TO ME
Default Need Evita Community Help ( Leaving my fate in your hands )

Okay I know I've only been here with you Evita users for what 6 months and I have developed a few roms ( kickdroid series ) and made a few modpacks... And everyone seems to enjoy my work from what I see and I thank all of you for your time and support..... but it's time for me to move on to a device that will get kitkat with sense 5.5 or whatever sense version comes with it, I will still own this phone and develop for it just need a new device... But here is my issue, I have a few phones I've been wanting but I'm not sure which one to choose because there are features that attract me to wanting them all but I can on choose one.... so I need your guys help on choosing

1. HTC Droid DNA - 5" 1080p display with global capabilities ( Gsm/Cdma ), 8mp rear camera, 2mp front facing camera, with 2gigs of ram.

Advantages - and just recieved sense 5 4.2.2 and according too Football it will reciece kitkat too...

Disadvantages - Only issue is the charge flap falls off and when it comes to Verizon they have very secured bootloaders

2. HTC One ( gsm version ) - 4.7" 1080p display, 2gigs of ram, 4UP camera, zoe, BoomSound, and snapdragon 600 processor 4 cores...

Advantages - is receiving kitkat of course......

Disadvantages - but I've seen drop test with this phone and the metal around the speakers fall of and I usually drop my phone off surfaces on occasion and don't want to ruin a expensive piece of equipment..

3. HTC One Mini - 4.3" 720p display. 1gb L3 ram, dual core, BoomSound, zoe, 4UP Camera, Snapdragon 400 processor

Advantages - First of all I have used this phone and love the feel of it in my hands, and according to football it will recieve kitkat......

Disadvantages - But I'm not a person who likes to go from a bigger screen to a smaller screen. And not only that it feels like it's just a slightly update HTC ONE XL. And same issues as I would have with the HTC ONE

4. HTC Desire 600 by VM - have played with the phone and kinda like it but seems as specs have degraded with HTC new sense 5 devices, even know it contains all the features found on the HTC ONE..

Advantages - Cheaper to buy, Has all features on the HTC One Minus Camera And processor and ram

Disadvantages - VM ( sprint network ), low development

5. HTC One Max .... Just put it this way it's a beast with a 5.9 1080p display, Amazing Battery ,

Advantages - huge phone and the bigger the better for me , will recieve latest OTAs , amAzing battery.

Disadvantages - no major change from the HTC One except for size and battery.

Please help me everyone. Will be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

[CENTER]Want to help? Want to keep Kickdroid going? Buy me a beer, help a thirsty fella while he works for you

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4593

DONATE TO ME
To be honest, I'd wait for a few more months and get the next big thing.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

pandasa123
Old
Thanks Meter 369
Since you're clearly sticking with HTC, I say wait out the m8.

Technology is a volatile market. You think you have the best, and in a month, something else tramples you

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder19 View Post
"I love IF statements. If it's not my rom, then gtfo"

Black!Jack
Old
Thanks Meter 342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasa123 View Post
Since you're clearly sticking with HTC, I say wait out the m8.

Technology is a volatile market. You think you have the best, and in a month, something else tramples you

Or sometimes you pour so much into making the right decision, assuming your getting the best, and the day after you buy it something new is announced! Just keep an eye on press releases from HTC.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2573
The Mini and the Max are oddball mid-year releases, that are almost certain to be relegated to obscurity, low sales, and poor community support. Like the One X+, they seem like devices just meant to fill the gap in the schedule until the release of the next "real" phone (M8).

The One is a great phone. But we are closer to the release of the M8 than the previous generation. So I agree with the above votes to wait for the next wave. Even more so with the DNA.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted

phonegeekjr
Old
(Last edited by phonegeekjr; 25th December 2013 at 05:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 59
I'd go with an HTC one developer edition. I mean you can wait for the m8 but as far as I have seen it is a small upgrade to the HTC one. When considering, I would look into camera. The one xl witch I own has a great camera. The one witch I also own has a downgraded camera. Yea it has zoe but you can get that on the one xl with no trouble. I don't do a lot with cdma so I don't know about how development is for verizon or sprint.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using xda app-developers app
Phonegeekjr

HTC ONE XL
Bootloader unlocked
S Off
HBOOT 2.18
PhoenixROM 1.0.5 but varies

Sprint HTC ONE
Bootloader unlocked
S Off
HBOOT 1.56
Bad Boyz Sense 6 ROM 1.1

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4593

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegeekjr View Post
I'd go with an HTC one developer edition. I mean you can wait for the m8 but as far as I have seen it is a small upgrade to the HTC one. When considering, I would look into camera. The one xl witch I own has a great camera. The one witch I also own has a downgraded camera. Yea it has zoe but you can get that on the one xl with no trouble. I don't do a lot with cdma so I don't know about how development is for verizon or sprint.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using xda app-developers app
The HTC One doesn't have a downgraded camera. Just because it has a lower count of megapixels doesn't mean it's worse. It uses different technology that doesn't require a huge amount of pixels to create a good image.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3