XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official support from CyanogenMod Team for Galaxy W

Tip us?

hack4er
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Default Official support from CyanogenMod Team for Galaxy W

i read something in the net while i was surfing yesterday, you can look here: http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...genmod-support

and then reading these lines made me surprised(maybe getting official cyanogenmod support for ancora is impossible after this moment but who kowns?)

If an Android device has enough of a following, and there are developer(s) willing to commit (no pun intended) to maintaining the device in the official CyanogenMod source tree, this device becomes officially supported -- and receives official builds of the CyanogenMod ROM.

if someone be maintainer for our device can we get official support from CyanogenMod?

is this really possible?

ı mean our device source code are available in github(kernel source device source and vendor files)

maybe forking our device source into CyanogenMod source tree can make this possible or am ı wrong??

maybe this is a bulsh*it after this moment but just wondering

for example galaxy s is getting official support from Cyanogenmod still if im not mistaken mr. pawit is their maintainer and developer

ım waiting your answers brothers what do you think about that? @arco68 @arsradu @LeroViten @honeyx and all ancora devs

with my best regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hack4er For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

honeyx
Old
Thanks Meter 893
The SGW was for more than 3 years without official CM support and we didnīt miss anything, so I donīt think this is that much important for the rest of itīs counted days.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to honeyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hack4er
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyx View Post
The SGW was for more than 3 years without official CM support and we didnīt miss anything, so I donīt think this is that much important for the rest of itīs counted days.
ı understood bro but is there any hope for galaxy w? return of ancora and also ı understood that from your comment : technically this is possible,galaxy w can get official support from CM Team but this is unnecessary for this dead device isnt it?

honeyx
Old
Thanks Meter 893
I simply donīt think this will happen because you have to look from their point of view.

1. this device is a low activity device in Amercian terms. 2. So never was that popular to get their attention. 3. is already old and not up to date. 4. Itīs hype time is almost over and many earlier SGW users are going to replace it. 5. CM is going a different route now and will be focusing on their "device" they are going to launch soon. And finally 6. Why should they change this now after already 3 years?

So if I were CM I would look for the future not looking back to the past with itīs outdated devices and not even waste a single tought about devices like the SGW.

Is this bad for the SGW owners? As long we are having Devs like Radu who are porting the latest ROMs to this device it really doesnīt matter CM is supporting it officially or not supporting it.

So what do you expect from being supported by CM? You only would be able to install the latest nightlys launched by the CM team with all the bugs in the CM code included and maybe some day fixed. A Dev who is porting their CM sources of course has to fight with these bugs too, but also cares to fix the most important ones.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to honeyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SGWUser
Old
Thanks Meter 330
I asked arco68 a while ago, and he said it's because of legacy camera drivers that we are unsupported.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 "hammerhead"

ROM: Stock 4.4.2
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: franco.Kernel
Mods: Xposed/MultiROM

Galaxy W "ancora"

ROM: CM10.1
Recovery: CWM
Kernel: Stock
Mods: -

Other devices // Links

first-gen Nexus 7 32GB "grouper" (sold)
Google+: http://goo.gl/miOCRs
Twitter: http://goo.gl/1u5c4U
Reddit: http://goo.gl/lY7JIh

sir mordred
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGWUser View Post
I asked arco68 a while ago, and he said it's because of legacy camera drivers that we are unsupported.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
auhh thats true sir arne is right as always anyway thanx man for informing us

regards

ghost141
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I don't think so...anyway, we already have the stable n smooth ROM so far. Without Officail, it's does not matter at all.

hack4er
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Hello sir @arco68

First of all huge thanx for your great work on our Wonders

And secondly i wonder something

We are using s5k4ecgx sensor for back camera
And if we add the following patches and if we use v4l2 for camera driver, Can we use CAF based qcom cameraHAL?

-http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg50380.html

And probably if we use new qcom cameraHAL, then we wont need legacy stuff the CM doesnt like(MemoryHeapBase,Overlay)

Then maybe we can get cm nightlies

Maybe porting new camera Hal to our phone can be hard but we must not give up. We are so close to official CM after ION i think. We can do it and we can success

Thanx
Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to hack4er For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

incaner
Old
Thanks Meter 149

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack4er View Post
Hello sir @arco68

First of all huge thanx for your great work on our Wonders

And secondly i wonder something

We are using s5k4ecgx sensor for back camera
And if we add the following patches and if we use v4l2 for camera driver, Can we use CAF based qcom cameraHAL?

-http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg50380.html

And probably if we use new qcom cameraHAL, then we wont need legacy stuff the CM doesnt like(MemoryHeapBase,Overlay)

Then maybe we can get cm nightlies

Maybe porting new camera Hal to our phone can be hard but we must not give up. We are so close to official CM after ION i think. We can do it and we can success

Thanx
Regards
That would be so f... Awesome *-*
Please we need someone who knows how to do this