5,593,293 Members 33,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quick button in the status bar

Tip us?

Lgeob
Old
(Last edited by Lgeob; 12th January 2014 at 08:11 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Quick button in the status bar

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-19-15-10-25.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	2463127 Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-19-15-10-19.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	2463126 Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-19-17-19-22.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	2463255

Hi all! L9 has no mechanical button(quick button LG L5II,L7II),but there is support.A virtual button can be useful for you.Make it simple:

Decompile lge-res.apk and LGSystemUI.apk.In lge-res.apk,in bools.xml(lge-res\res\values)set "true" in line and compile:
Code:
<bool name="config_quick_memo_hotkey_customizing">false</bool>
In LGSystemUI.apk,in status_bar.xml(LGSystemUI\res\layout)after row:
Code:
<com.lge.systemui.StatusBarLinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:tag="NO_R2L" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
Paste:
Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.KeyButtonView android:id="@id/back" android:layout_width="25dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/hotkey" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/recent_apps" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_back" systemui:keyCode="225" systemui:glowBackground="@drawable/lock_bg" />
In drawable-hdpi(LGSystemUI/res)move the images from the archive and compile

hotkey.png.zip

Sorry for my ENG
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lgeob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

donk165
Old
Thanks Meter 73
The L9 has a button for quickmemo, its between the volume buttons, press the center of the volume rocker for quick memo

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app
Device: Sony Xperia SP C5303 - Locked Bootloader
ROM: eXistenZ Ultra 2.1.5 - 4.3

Click Thanks if my post helped

Swizzle82
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk165 View Post
The L9 has a button for quickmemo, its between the volume buttons, press the center of the volume rocker for quick memo

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app
Quick memo is not what he is talking about. Quick button is a toggle you can press to select a specific quick app you want to launch..

kuma82
Old
(Last edited by kuma82; 21st December 2013 at 12:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 745

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgeob View Post
Attachment 2463127 Attachment 2463126 Attachment 2463255

Hi all! L9 has no mechanical button(quick memo LG L5II,L7II),but there is support.A virtual button can be useful for you.Make it simple:
Thanks for the info, I changed 25dpi to 0dpi, I don't want to see the hotkey icon on the status bar.
Question, do you know where to disable the hotkey mapping to QuickMemo3.apk?
If I have QuickMemo3.apk installed when I press the hotkey, the other app and QuickMemo3.apk open at the same time. I have to remove QuickMemo3.apk so I can use just the new hotkey.
systemui:keyCode="225"

Lgeob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma82 View Post
Thanks for the info, I changed 25dpi to 0dpi, I don't want to see the hotkey icon on the status bar.
Question, do you know where to disable the hotkey mapping to QuickMemo3.apk?
If I have QuickMemo3.apk installed when I press the hotkey, the other app and QuickMemo3.apk open at the same time. I have to remove QuickMemo3.apk so I can use just the new hotkey.
systemui:keyCode="225"
I do not know why it is so,so did a virtual button.This only appears on LG L9,for example LG L4II(it also works) this is not observed.Perhaps we should look framework.jar

Sorry for my eng
The Following User Says Thank You to Lgeob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]