5,595,815 Members 35,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] So are the hopes of a unlocked bootloader fading away?

Tip us?

gnubian
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by richii0207 View Post
Also, I think I'll leave this here. Apparently, nobody knows anything about what samsung and Verizon offers.

http://m.androidcentral.com/verizon-...-goes-sale-650
Buy this and end your rants.

Now hopefully everyone reads that and stops babbling about all this bootloader talk . It's getting really old....

This forum is now plagued with either FAQ that are asked and answered 5 times a day or people starting the same threads over and over with different wording. What ever happened to the old days where people actually read?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
That's old news, expensive, and pointless now that they refuse to roll out updates for it.

clapper66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by richii0207 View Post
Also, I think I'll leave this here. Apparently, nobody knows anything about what samsung and Verizon offers.

http://m.androidcentral.com/verizon-...-goes-sale-650
Buy this and end your rants.

Now hopefully everyone reads that and stops babbling about all this bootloader talk . It's getting really old....

This forum is now plagued with either FAQ that are asked and answered 5 times a day or people starting the same threads over and over with different wording. What ever happened to the old days where people actually read?

So i have a fully functioning S4 why the F**K would i go waste money on another phone that i already own just for an unlocked bootloader... i would rather use safestrap for now. i would love to run an AOSP ROM but using hyperdrive with safestrap is already 100 times better then the stock TouchWiz.

clapper66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Only if verizon supported the nexus 5 i would dump my s4 in a heartbeat for it, becuase it has beter hardware and is only $350 for the 16GB and $400 for the 32GB
The Following User Says Thank You to clapper66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richii0207
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper66 View Post
So i have a fully functioning S4 why the F**K would i go waste money on another phone that i already own just for an unlocked bootloader... i would rather use safestrap for now. i would love to run an AOSP ROM but using hyperdrive with safestrap is already 100 times better then the stock TouchWiz.
Well, you could sell your s4 and buy the developer edition or you could've bought one from the beginning. I guess you don't "want" the unlocked BL that bad?

Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Unrooted / Stock