5,599,337 Members 38,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SMS stopped sending

Tip us?

mrksbrd
Old
(Last edited by mrksbrd; 25th December 2013 at 04:07 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default SMS stopped sending

I can only speak for the AT&T D800 G2 but I can no longer successfully send SMS texts by using either stock app or hangouts. Both fail every time, but still allows me to receive them. I've factory reset about 6 times and same issue. I'm bone stock running "d" release unrooted. Only things that are working are data based SMS programs like whatsapp and such.
Anyone else have this issue with this phone on any carrier?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xxxrichievxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrksbrd View Post
I can only speak for the AT&T D800 G2 but I can no longer successfully send SMS texts by using either stock app or hangouts. Both fail every time, but still allows me to receive them. I've factory reset about 6 times and same issue. I'm bone stock running "d" release unrooted. Only things that are working are data based SMS programs like whatsapp and such.
Anyone else have this issue with this phone on any carrier?

I had this problem like two weeks ago. I too have the AT&T LG G2 and my texts stopped working but I can receive both texts and MMS. Every time I tried sending I would get a fail. I tried restoring back to stock and clearing everything but nothing seemed to work. I went to AT&T and they changed my SIM card and that fixed the problem. I also tried changing the SMSC number but that didn't change anything, it still failed to send.

The funny thing is that i was able to send pictures but not send texts lol

So the only thing that can fix this is getting a new/replacement SIM card.

mrksbrd
Old
(Last edited by mrksbrd; 25th December 2013 at 06:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrichievxxx View Post
I had this problem like two weeks ago. I too have the AT&T LG G2 and my texts stopped working but I can receive both texts and MMS. Every time I tried sending I would get a fail. I tried restoring back to stock and clearing everything but nothing seemed to work. I went to AT&T and they changed my SIM card and that fixed the problem. I also tried changing the SMSC number but that didn't change anything, it still failed to send.

The funny thing is that i was able to send pictures but not send texts lol

So the only thing that can fix this is getting a new/replacement SIM card.
Yup...Same exact problem to the T, forgot to mention the images going thru. So the new SIM worked without further issue? Have you noticed weak LTE signal also while having this issue? Mine seems weak and will stay in 4G where it should be picking up a LTE signal

xxxrichievxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrksbrd View Post
Yup...Same exact problem to the T, forgot to mention the images going thru. So the new SIM worked without further issue? Have you noticed weak LTE signal also while having this issue? Mine seems weak and will stay in 4G where it should be picking up a LTE signal

Yeah for some reason with a new SIM card everything was fixed to normal, if not better! I just went to AT&T and I told the lady my texts werent going through but I was able to recieve texts and she was like 'Oh that sometimes happens, we just need to issue you a new SIM card' she changed the SIM card, tested text messages out and all worked fine.

As for LTE, my area has full LTE coverage, so even with the text issue my LTE signal was strong (about 3-4 bars)

So yeah, go get your SIM card replaced (they will do it for free) and everything will be back to normal