XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Strange bootloop issue on a custom rom

Tip us?

R4T5UN280
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Strange bootloop issue on a custom rom

First off, Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I can't post in the dev area yet.

So I got my first Sprint HTC one a couple months ago. First things first, Took it home, rooted, installed super SU and TWRP and flashed a custom rom. Everything went as smooth as silk until a few days later... My phone starts having a few minor glitches, like the screen not turning off when i use the phone, so i figure a reboot will help. I reboot the phone and it starts up fine and stays on for about 10 seconds then reboots. It boots up fully and i can access everything then black screen and reboot. It would do this infinitely until a factory reset is performed. After the reset it would be fine for a couple days up to a week or two, then BAM, reboot and the whole process starts anew. I figured it was hardware, because I tried a few different roms (viper one, Rage one,) and the problem was the same with all of them. It even did it on stock rom after running rom cleaner. I just received my replacement device from Sprint and am about to install Viper One, (awesome rom). My question is this. Is there a possibility that it was something I did when flashing these roms, or was it most likely a hardware issue?

PonsAsinorem
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1756

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4T5UN280 View Post
First off, Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I can't post in the dev area yet.
FYI, Forum Rule #15:

15. Keep threads / posts on-topic
Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
  • General Forums - For news and announcements relating to your device.
  • Q&A Help & Troubleshooting Forums - For all question / request threads and posts. If there is no Q&A Help & Troubleshooting forum, use the General Forum of the relevant device
  • Accessories Forum - For posts related to accessories relevant to the device
  • Development Forums (ones with the word development in the title) - For Developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to kernels, bootloaders, ROMs, etc.
  • Themes and Apps Forums - For the posting of Themes and / or Apps as well as announcements & discussions including modifications made to Themes and Apps.

This being a question, and not a release of any kind, it goes in the Q&A section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4T5UN280 View Post
My question is this. Is there a possibility that it was something I did when flashing these roms, or was it most likely a hardware issue?
Most likely a harware issue. I'm on the m7vzw, not the m7spr, so this might not apply to you: make sure your firmware and HBOOT are the proper ones for the ROM you're trying to use. But don't take my word on it, wait till someone more knowledgeable on the m7spr comes along.

"Defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express." ~ The InterWebz

My work:

R4T5UN280
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What led me to believe it was hardware was the fact that it even did it on stock after running rom cleaner. That was before I ever tried a custom rom.