5,606,151 Members 35,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seidio belt clip holster for naked Note 3

Tip us?

stanglifemike
Old
(Last edited by stanglifemike; 25th December 2013 at 06:29 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 412
Default Seidio belt clip holster for naked Note 3

Got this about a week ago and love it. I've had a belt clip for all of my previous phones except the Note 2. I don't think Seidio made one for the Note 2 for some odd reason, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that they did for the Note 3! When the phone is in the holster, none of the buttons or ports are covered. The only thing blocked by the holster is the screen and the S-Pen. I'm glad the S-Pen is covered so that it can't fall out when you're walking around. I doubt that it would fall out anyway unless your phone was jarred fairly hard, but either way, I'm glad that it isn't even a possibility when holstered! Some people say they don't like holsters, but I donít like my phone being in my pocket where it can collect pocket lint and/or other random debris that mysteriously gets in to pockets. Also, if it's in your pants pocket it's very possible to crack your screen if left in your pocket when you sit down, unless you wear super baggy pants. If you don't like the way a holster looks, then it's very easy to hide it with your shirt. It's actually easier to have it hidden behind your shirt, because you have to go out of your way to tuck your shirt behind the holster to make the holster visible! I've thought an thought about it, but just can't wrap my head around why people say they don't like the way a holster looks. Like I just said, your shirt naturally covers the holster. If you don't like the way it looks, then don't go out of your way to show it!! Lol

Now a question for all of you :
I want to know is if the Seidio Surface holster will work with a standard TPU case, like the Spigen Bounce or Diztronic, just to name the two I have. I wish Best Buy would get in their Platinum branded (which are manufactured by Seidio and re-labeled for Best) cases and holsters so I could see if the Surface holster will work with my other cases, then I could buy just the Surface holster from eBay. If anyone has the Surface holster and could test out other cases, I would really appreciate it! Pics would also be nice! I would like to be able to see exactly how well other cases fit in the holster.

EDIT : I'll try AGAIN to post some pics in a few. XDA Premium and XDA Premium HD apps are both telling me I have to log-in to post pics, or that I don't have permission. I REALLY wish the app developers would work on those issues, as they've been going on for months now! I usually get either one of those messages. When it actually let's me attach pics, I'm only allowed to post 1 pic per post! Sooooooo frustrating!

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium
Main Phone: White Samsung Note 3 + 64GB card
Other phone:White Note 2
Other Phone: White HTC Evo 4G LTE
Other Phone: Black HTC Evo 4G LTE
Main Tablet: Asus Infinity 32GB Internal + 64GB card
Main Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

98 GT: Lots of bolt-ons, suspension, exhaust.
06 GT: Vortech supercharger 10 lbs boost, full suspension, exhaust, too much to list here
Both purchased new and all mods done by me
The Following User Says Thank You to stanglifemike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aalupatti
Old
Thanks Meter 404
I got one of these as soon as I got it
See here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2463044

Love it absolutely

stanglifemike
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalupatti View Post
I got one of these as soon as I got it
See here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2463044

Love it absolutely
Well dang, I wouldn't have created this thread if I would have known that there was already a thread about this item! Before I posted, I looked to see if anyone else had created a thread on it. Obviously I just missed it somehow, :facepalm!
I'm right there with you though, I absolutely LOVE having a holster for my naked phones! My opinion is that a holster is just a very simple way to safely carry your phone around with you, let's you get to your phone very quickly and easily, and Seidio's holsters are also very minimal with almost no added bulk! Not to mention it keeps your phone out of your pockets, which is great for eliminating the possibility of potential damage AND also eliminates the possibility of pocket lint getting in to any ports or other openings on your phone!

Main Phone: White Samsung Note 3 + 64GB card
Other phone:White Note 2
Other Phone: White HTC Evo 4G LTE
Other Phone: Black HTC Evo 4G LTE
Main Tablet: Asus Infinity 32GB Internal + 64GB card
Main Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

98 GT: Lots of bolt-ons, suspension, exhaust.
06 GT: Vortech supercharger 10 lbs boost, full suspension, exhaust, too much to list here
Both purchased new and all mods done by me

jk1m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
Well dang, I wouldn't have created this thread if I would have known that there was already a thread about this item! Before I posted, I looked to see if anyone else had created a thread on it. Obviously I just missed it somehow, :facepalm!
I'm right there with you though, I absolutely LOVE having a holster for my naked phones! My opinion is that a holster is just a very simple way to safely carry your phone around with you, let's you get to your phone very quickly and easily, and Seidio's holsters are also very minimal with almost no added bulk! Not to mention it keeps your phone out of your pockets, which is great for eliminating the possibility of potential damage AND also eliminates the possibility of pocket lint getting in to any ports or other openings on your phone!

Hi, do you think the Note 3 with the S-View case would be able to fit properly in the Seidio holster? Cheers!