XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Im in quite the pickle.

Tip us?

catylistic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Im in quite the pickle.

So basically I updated my galaxy s2 t989 to jellybean so I would get the upgraded radio so I could install custom roms. After upgrading through Samsung kies I tried again and got stuck in a collaterals recovery boot loop. I restored to a previous backup before I upgraded but the problem is I am back on 4.0.4 but It kept the 4.1.2 radio. So now kies says my firmware is not compatible to upgrade. Is this common or am I totally screwed?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

qmarchi
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by catylistic View Post
So basically I updated my galaxy s2 t989 to jellybean so I would get the upgraded radio so I could install custom roms. After upgrading through Samsung kies I tried again and got stuck in a collaterals recovery boot loop. I restored to a previous backup before I upgraded but the problem is I am back on 4.0.4 but It kept the 4.1.2 radio. So now kies says my firmware is not compatible to upgrade. Is this common or am I totally screwed?

Although I do not personally own an S2 the common method is finding a radio version at 4.0.4 and flashing that. Finding it will be the difficult part. Ask around and see if one of your buddies (XDA is your buddy ) has a copy that they can lend you.

catylistic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmarchi View Post
Although I do not personally own an S2 the common method is finding a radio version at 4.0.4 and flashing that. Finding it will be the difficult part. Ask around and see if one of your buddies (XDA is your buddy ) has a copy that they can lend you.
So would I just flash it through Odin?

catylistic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also do you know if that is why my phone isn't getting recognized by Kies?

qmarchi
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So would I just flash it through Odin?

Quote:
Also do you know if that is why my phone isn't getting recognized by Kies?

As I said. I don't own any Samsung devices so I can't help you there. Basic andoiud help is finding a raido and flashing it through a recovery, CWM or otherwise.