XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

C6906 sim locked, HELP!!!

Tip us?

gclancer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default C6906 sim locked, HELP!!!

Got my c6906 from negri today but it was asking for unlock code the first time i start up the phone. I am planning to use it on ATT and the unlock counter shows i have 10 tries to get the phone unlock. I already emailed negri to get the code.

Does anyone know any other reliable places or website i can get the phone unlock? Really want to use the phone so please help if anyone with c6906 or z1. Tks!

Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app

mfreema
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gclancer View Post
Got my c6906 from negri today but it was asking for unlock code the first time i start up the phone. I am planning to use it on ATT and the unlock counter shows i have 10 tries to get the phone unlock. I already emailed negri to get the code.

Does anyone know any other reliable places or website i can get the phone unlock? Really want to use the phone so please help if anyone with c6906 or z1. Tks!

Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers app
Do not keep guessing the code. The unlock code is specific to your device, negri should provide it to you. Just be patient.

Kinda weird that they didnt email you one when they sent the phone and I thought they were selling the unlocked phones. Mine came locked from Bell, but the eBay seller sent me the unlock code via email before I got the phone.

gclancer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Just called negri and they told me to wait until next Thursday. They are checking with whoever they got the phone from for the code. My counter shows i have 10 tries but i am not going to guess it and ended up with a dead lock phone. Kinda suck to have to wait that long

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

ruinkhan
Old
Thanks Meter 144
I bought my 6906 4 days ago and went to Sony store for some accessories. Sony rep advised me to unlock via http://unlock.canadagsm.ca/ as he did it with his own xperia z1. I wasnt sure what carrier its locked to since i bought it from kijiji.ca so I emailed them. The guy replied back saying "Just fill the form and say it's locked to Bell and we will take of the rest". 2 days later they sent me my unlock code.
Hit Thanks if my post was useful (most of them are not )
Noob's Paradise - I know you have a question, this should answer it

gclancer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Tired of waiting for negri to give me the code so i gave cellunlocker.net a try. Got my code in 2 days and unlocked the phone successfully.

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app