5,604,050 Members 46,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ART compatible roms that don't rely on Xposed?

Tip us?

lilhyper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Cool [Q] ART compatible roms that don't rely on Xposed?

I'm looking to run Whatsapp and Android runtime, which means I need to be on 4.4.1 or later, eliminating all of the Sense based roms for now.

I would also like to be able to edit my Quick Settings menu (how dumb is it that Google shipped without being able to modify Quick Settings) to add a rotation lock button.

So far the only Odexed (to be ART compatible) rom I can find is SinLess, but it relies entirely on Xposed framework for its customizations and that's not compatible with ART.

Any good ideas? I'm just using Notification Toggles for now but I suspect I am missing a better option.

Any ROM recommendations? I'm hesitant to run CM since somehow the battery life sucks for me and I'm not a fan of the bugs.

dirtbikerr450
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhyper View Post
I'm looking to run Whatsapp and Android runtime, which means I need to be on 4.4.1 or later, eliminating all of the Sense based roms for now.

I would also like to be able to edit my Quick Settings menu (how dumb is it that Google shipped without being able to modify Quick Settings) to add a rotation lock button.

So far the only Odexed (to be ART compatible) rom I can find is SinLess, but it relies entirely on Xposed framework for its customizations and that's not compatible with ART.

Any good ideas? I'm just using Notification Toggles for now but I suspect I am missing a better option.

Any ROM recommendations? I'm hesitant to run CM since somehow the battery life sucks for me and I'm not a fan of the bugs.
Pretty much an AOSP like CM11
If It's On XDA It Must Be Real

godutch
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
htc uses a proprietary qualcomm optimized version of dalvik, this version of dalvik still is faster than art, so you won't see a performance gain by switching to art but will loose a lot of functionality...
All dutch citizens please sign this petition demanding a referendum to leave the EU: http://www.burgerforumeu.nl/
The Following User Says Thank You to godutch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lilhyper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
I can't believe I didn't know about this before! This is cool.
I wonder why the Rom makers don't just integrate the Qualcomm Dalvik into their roms. It's downloadable on XDA as a flashable file.

godutch
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
I can't believe I didn't know about this before! This is cool.
I wonder why the Rom makers don't just integrate the Qualcomm Dalvik into their roms. It's downloadable on XDA as a flashable file.
It's not necessary as they are included by default in all sense roms
All dutch citizens please sign this petition demanding a referendum to leave the EU: http://www.burgerforumeu.nl/