XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem charging my tab

Tip us?

sidodz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Problem charging my tab

Yesterday i installed some apps on my tab (P5110) with cyanogenemod11 then i plugged the charger ,after at least 2 hours the baterry was still 1% then today morning 10:00 i shut down my tab and now 15:00 it's only 40 % i installed mokee and same thing ,doesn't charge i have a wall charger Please help me !!
Sorry for bad english

0semaj0
Old
Thanks Meter 60
look at battery stat, see whats draining...wipe battery stats
|Nokia 8210|Blackberry 7290|Sony Ericsson W800|Sharp 903|Sony Ericsson W880|Nokia E71|HTC Desire|HTC Wildfire|HTC Desire HD|Huawei U8150|Samsung Galaxy SII|Samsung Galaxy SIII|Apple iPhone 5 64GB|
|Apple iPad 64GB|Apple iPad 4 64GB|Samsung Tab2 7.0|Apple iPad Mini 16GB|
The Following User Says Thank You to 0semaj0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sidodz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0semaj0 View Post
look at battery stat, see whats draining...wipe battery stats
When i plug the charger it's says "Not charging" but when i shutdown my tab it's charges but its takes forever to full charge !

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidodz View Post
When i plug the charger it's says "Not charging" but when i shutdown my tab it's charges but its takes forever to full charge !
Try another charger. Quite a few people seem to be complaining about the OEM Sammy chargers going kaput. Also could be a cable problem (broken wires) - I had a similar problem with my wife's tablet, fixed by replacing a cable.
Optimus G F180S, tweaked E975 Stock 4.1.2
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoys the hell out of people. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sidodz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
Try another charger. Quite a few people seem to be complaining about the OEM Sammy chargers going kaput. Also could be a cable problem (broken wires) - I had a similar problem with my wife's tablet, fixed by replacing a cable.
Tnx everyone for your help i will buy a new one .

kt-Froggy
Old
(Last edited by kt-Froggy; 22nd December 2013 at 09:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
i will buy a new one .
Before buying a new charger, I would suggest confirming the exact problem first. You may be able to borrow a charger from someone (any USB charger with approx 2 Amp output will work, for example, from an iPad), or a cable. See what fixes the issue, and get a replacement. Also, if you have some average soldering skills, the cable can fairly easily be fixed at home (in case it is a faulty cable) - the wires usually break at the connector, and the OEM Sammy 30-pin connector is snap-assembled, not glued, so you can take it apart and put it back togethet. Good luck!

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoys the hell out of people. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sidodz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Before buying a new charger, I would suggest confirming the exact problem first. You may be able to borrow a charger from someone (any USB charger with approx 2 Amp output will work, for example, from an iPad), or a cable. See what fixes the issue, and get a replacement. Also, if you have some average soldering skills, the cable can fairly easily be fixed at home (in case it is a faulty cable) - the wires usually break at the connector, and the OEM Sammy 30-pin connector is snap-assembled, not glued, so you can take it apart and put it back togethet. Good luck!
Thanks for your suggestion but i alreadh bought a new one but thanks againe for your help

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion but i alreadh bought a new one
So... Does it work now?

sidodz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
So... Does it work now?
Yes it's works , and i gave the old charger to my uncle and he said that the problem were in the USB cable

The Following User Says Thank You to sidodz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]