XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sim Contacts and Sim Menu

Tip us?

viejay21
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] Sim Contacts and Sim Menu

Hello Guys and Devs. Sorry if this will be a noob question for you, but your the only i know who can help me,. FYI, using I9070, i've flash a CustomROM (OmniROM - my first time to flash custom ROM) last night - from Stock JB to OmniROM 4.36 buill 12-19-13. i found it very nice but i have a problem in viewing my contacts in my SIM and also i dont see my SIM MENU on my application. I did a factory reset for this Custom ROM, wipe cache and dalvik but nothing happens. Other says that i need to go back toi Stock JB so i can sync my contacts to google and flash again this CustomROM. Is there other way to view my contacts on sim not doing a downgrade..? Please help me guys and master there..? MERYY XMAS to all and God Bless Us ALL. Thanks in advance.

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 637
The best way is to make a backup of your contacts. Sure you can save it in your sim but for smartphones it is better to make a backup file of contacts(contact.vcf file). And for your case, make a backup of current rom to restore later. Then flash back stock and make a backup file of your contacts. Just use the export function in stock to save it on your external sd. Then flash back omni and restore your previously nand backup back.
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core || Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3

aravbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by viejay21 View Post
Hello Guys and Devs. Sorry if this will be a noob question for you, but your the only i know who can help me,. FYI, using I9070, i've flash a CustomROM (OmniROM - my first time to flash custom ROM) last night - from Stock JB to OmniROM 4.36 buill 12-19-13. i found it very nice but i have a problem in viewing my contacts in my SIM and also i dont see my SIM MENU on my application. I did a factory reset for this Custom ROM, wipe cache and dalvik but nothing happens. Other says that i need to go back toi Stock JB so i can sync my contacts to google and flash again this CustomROM. Is there other way to view my contacts on sim not doing a downgrade..? Please help me guys and master there..? MERYY XMAS to all and God Bless Us ALL. Thanks in advance.
I am assuming you do not have a backup of your contacts as contacts.vcf file and all your contacts present in sim card. Again you have factory reset OMNI rom, so there is no point taking a nandroid backup of this rom.
First Flast Stock JB using ODIN. then copy all your sim contacts to phone using the menu settings in contacts app in stock rom. Now export all your phone contacts to device SD card as contacts.vcf file. Copy this contacts backup file to your PC.
Now you again flash omni rom. Put contacts.vcf file in device internal memory and not in external sd card. Do import of contacts in contacts app and you will get all your contacts in OMNI rom.