XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.x in Windows 8.1 - How?

Tip us?

sosimple
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_spd4u View Post
I would recommend using the BlueStacks if you don't rely on Android much.
Its simpler to install, doesn't need any partition changes, can run inside Windows, which means you get multitasking, Google Play built in, and recently updated to Android 4.0
I had installed bluestack in lenovo lynx in win8. It was working ok but very slow.. I think it won't go faster even if you install some other android emulator as long as it works insight Windows. So basically with atom we cant have playable android..

radzi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I haven't tried the last version yet but the version before was working but almost unusable.

Sent from my C625b using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

corckie
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman86 View Post
So I gave up my Android Tablet which was stuck on Android 2.3 and got myself a Lenovo Lynx K3011W tablet with Windows 8.1 on it.

My initial idea was to install Virtualbox on it and then install Android-x86 within a VM. I've done this successfully on my Windows 8 laptop.

So, after installing Android-x86 from the ISO here (android-x86-4.0-RC2-s103t.iso), the VM boots and lets me do things. However, the touch is way off. If I tap in the center of the screen, the tap registers in the center of the VM. If I tap about an inch off center, the tap registers about 1 1/2 inches off center. 2 inches = 4ish VM inches and so on.

My questions here are: Has anybody done this before? Should I use a different ISO? Should I give up?

System Specs:
Atom Z2760 1.8 GHz
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
64 GB Hard Drive
Windows 8.1
Try this : http://www.genymotion.com/ works like a charm on my Surface Pro. Multitouch and stuff is all enabled.