5,600,841 Members 41,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hello, I am New Here. How Should I Start?

Tip us?

MrKenkadze27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Wink Hello, I am New Here. How Should I Start?

So This is my First post on this forum.
I am Interested In Making Custom ROM for Android Devices. How Should I start? I already Have Linux (Ubuntu 13.10 x64) Set up for this and ready. And also How to Flash a phone. And does android have Dead USB Flashing method.
Device I have in mind is Sony Xperia Acro S. I don't own it yet.

I am a Symbian Developer. I am even have a Developer Status on DailyMobile Forum. I even have my own CFW (Custom Firmware). But since that Platform is Dying, I decided to Move to Android.

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKenkadze27 View Post

So This is my First post on this forum.
I am Interested In Making Custom ROM for Android Devices. How Should I start? I already Have Linux (Ubuntu 13.10 x64) Set up for this and ready. And also How to Flash a phone. And does android have Dead USB Flashing method.
Device I have in mind is Sony Xperia Acro S. I don't own it yet.

I am a Symbian Developer. I am even have a Developer Status on DailyMobile Forum. I even have my own CFW (Custom Firmware). But since that Platform is Dying, I decided to Move to Android.
well you need to learn all the android basics, which can take a year to catch onto. And sense you've just started, you need to learn what root is and that sort of stuff. And to fix errors in source, you need experience with source, git, java programming and C++ coding. Also need experience with working with kernels and simple issues like fixing bootloops, and also know how to make device trees and kernel tree/repo and how to use github. And most of all you'll need a phone of your own to test builds, because the first time you build is never stable and it takes a while to fix things such as wifi, nfc, etc.

But you'll catch on Best of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maurice5813 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]