5,596,700 Members 46,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Question) Just tried AT&T Galaxy S4 SIM Unlock.....

Tip us?

countryboy092782
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default (Question) Just tried AT&T Galaxy S4 SIM Unlock.....

I just used the SIM unlock method found in the AT&T SIM unlock and my phone just reacted exactly as the thread mentioned. What is the best way to test the unlocking of my phone to see if it actually worked? I'm stuck out in the the middle of nowhere until the 27th worn no way to get around, and no access to an alternative service provider's SIM card. If there is a way I'd be able to check it and it did work I'd be able to report the success on here for everyone else whom are trying to carrier unlock their phone(s). Or maybe someone else or there who does have access to the things I currently don't can attempt the same process and report their findings for us all........?! Here is the link to the thread I followed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=sim+unlock
T-Mobile Galaxy S3 - Stolen and recovered but being held by Sheriff's Dept. for some reason?!

At&t Galaxy Note II - CyanogenMod 11 w/ TWRP
Used stock 4.1.2 backup to try At&t Galaxy S4 unlock method.

Thanks to all the many AOSP and/or AOKP Dev's who devote their time/lives for the simple pleasure and enjoyment of our handheld devices, or as I refer to them as, "our electronic government cattle tags." MOO!

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1625
If you don't have a non at&t sim, why did you unlock? Is the point of the whole exercise.

countryboy092782
Old
(Last edited by countryboy092782; 25th December 2013 at 04:42 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain View Post
If you don't have a non at&t sim, why did you unlock? Is the point of the whole exercise.
I decided to unlock because when I signed the contract work AT&T I was informed that my foray b would come no sooner than 1 month later.....and 1 week later I got it. 2 weeks after that.....my second one decided to arrive. Not only was the billing screwy, I seemed to receive faster data service with one bar than I did with 4 bars. With 4 bars service would frequently cut in and out or speeds would just plain decrease drastically. Worse service I've ever used and to me worth taking a hit on my credit to tell AT&T they'll no longer be receiving any future payments for their services (or the lack there of). Never went over my data limit or gave any other reason for them to back door me with 2 bills due in less than a months time of using them. I will give them this though, it was rather nice speaking with a customer representative in whom I could fully understand rather than dealing with an outsourced, under trained, foreign company where the individual on the other end of the line just sounds similar to a skipping record worth some crazy accent. Call me wrong for taking charge of my finances and not allowing Corporate America to forcefully make me accept the fact that I'd continue being screwed, but I just felt a wrong doing was transpiring before me. In other words, I plan to switch to another carrier when I am able to adjust my geographical location in a couple of days!
T-Mobile Galaxy S3 - Stolen and recovered but being held by Sheriff's Dept. for some reason?!

Thanks to all the many AOSP and/or AOKP Dev's who devote their time/lives for the simple pleasure and enjoyment of our handheld devices, or as I refer to them as, "our electronic government cattle tags." MOO!

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1625
Sorry I asked. . .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rangercaptain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

countryboy092782
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain View Post
Sorry I asked. . .
lol! You're alright with asking. I apologize for venting so much, it's just that it had been one hell of a financial headache and or service issue back to back to back with the qualities of service.

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1625
Sorry for your troubles. Perhaps Straight Talk?
The Following User Says Thank You to rangercaptain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]