XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To?

Tip us?

beingawesome
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How To?

I was just wondering how to Use My wired Broadband Connection on my Android phone. I Searched it and found something like a "Wireless USB WiFi Router" but i dont know weather it would act as a Hotspot?and convert the broadband into a WiFi signal? Is this the right thing im looking for? Please help!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

qmarchi
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingawesome View Post
I was just wondering how to Use My wired Broadband Connection on my Android phone. I Searched it and found something like a "Wireless USB WiFi Router" but i dont know weather it would act as a Hotspot?and convert the broadband into a WiFi signal? Is this the right thing im looking for? Please help!

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
I personally have not used that specific app but most phones support netive tethering (or sharing your broadband, if that floats your boat). I personally recomend FoxFi, an app developed by the makers of PDAnet, a reliable tethering app. Search the Play Store on YOUR COMPUTER first. Some carriers block the app from showing. Have fun and don't get caught.

MrObvious
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmarchi View Post
I personally have not used that specific app but most phones support netive tethering (or sharing your broadband, if that floats your boat). I personally recomend FoxFi, an app developed by the makers of PDAnet, a reliable tethering app. Search the Play Store on YOUR COMPUTER first. Some carriers block the app from showing. Have fun and don't get caught.
He wants to use his cable/dsl connection on his phone, not the other way around.

Connectify might work if you have a Wi-Fi adapter on your PC. But it would probably just be easier to get a wireless router.