5,593,458 Members 36,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] custom rom for xperia TL lt30at ?

Tip us?

xperia tl
Old
(Last edited by xperia tl; 21st December 2013 at 09:37 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] custom rom for xperia TL lt30at ?

i have official jb 4.1.2 firmware 9.1.F.1.120

which custom rom to put in?tnx,sorry for bad english

magneta
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Honestly, you should experiment to see what roms work best for you. There are a lot of excellent roms on here made by really talented developers who put in a lot of hard work.

I'm currently using Peetr_ 's Hybrid rom. Even with no undervolting (due to locked bootloader), with only setCPU (set cpu profile to 384mhz-486mhz when screen is off) I'm getting insane battery life- 53 hours of standby time without charging and still ticking at 61% (granted, the phone was actually used for an hour.)

Hope you find something you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xperia tl View Post
i have official jb 4.1.2 firmware 9.1.F.1.120

which custom rom to put in?tnx,sorry for bad english

viper2035
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Which kernel do you use?

magneta
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Stock kernel (the one that came with the phone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2035 View Post
Which kernel do you use?

viper2035
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by magneta View Post
Stock kernel (the one that came with the phone).
Refering to my post in the HybridRom thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1018 Do you know if there is a way to install the stock kernel to a unlocked bootloader phone.

magneta
Old
Thanks Meter 1
As I have a permanently locked bootloader, I am unable to try out any custom kernels. I do have a Nexus 7 FHD with an unlocked bootloader, and by experience, a custom kernel does help with battery life, as it gives you the option to undervolt the phone, among other tweaks already implemented by the developers of the kernel.

I had a look at the NK kernel features, and it does give you those options. Slight undervolting should help. I suggest sticking with what you have. Remember that the main source of battery drainage would be the screen. My screen is off most of the time, with short timeouts and liberal usage of the on/off button (screen is off when listening to music).

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2035 View Post
Refering to my post in the HybridRom thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1018 Do you know if there is a way to install the stock kernel to a unlocked bootloader phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to magneta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]