XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Atrix stuck in boot loop with no hope

Tip us?

cespinal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Motorola Atrix stuck in boot loop with no hope

First of all, Merry Chrismas to everyone...

I am another total noob trying to get through installing a ROM in an old Motorola atrix 4G. I managed to unlock and root the phone successfully. But upon instllation of the ROM, the phone will not load. The phone will only show the logo... I can go back to recovery mode (CWM 4.0) but I find out I have no recovery images... just the two CM zip files I wanted to try...

I assume that my first option would be to try a new ROM, but I cannot access my external SD card and I have no idea how to access the internal one to lead new .zip files on it..

I keep reading in the forums how people instruct others to load new ROMs... but how do I go around that? I can take the external sd card and use my pc to play around with it, but then I cannot see it on CWM. I do not know how to access the phone from my pc and the battery is almost gone so I am stuck to the power outlet via usb..

Is there any wayI can go around this? Many thanks in advance.. .

tldr stuck in probably a boot loop with no recovery options on CWM and no battery... external SD card should be my last resort... wat do?

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by cespinal View Post
First of all, Merry Chrismas to everyone...

I am another total noob trying to get through installing a ROM in an old Motorola atrix 4G. I managed to unlock and root the phone successfully. But upon instllation of the ROM, the phone will not load. The phone will only show the logo... I can go back to recovery mode (CWM 4.0) but I find out I have no recovery images... just the two CM zip files I wanted to try...

I assume that my first option would be to try a new ROM, but I cannot access my external SD card and I have no idea how to access the internal one to lead new .zip files on it..

I keep reading in the forums how people instruct others to load new ROMs... but how do I go around that? I can take the external sd card and use my pc to play around with it, but then I cannot see it on CWM. I do not know how to access the phone from my pc and the battery is almost gone so I am stuck to the power outlet via usb..

Is there any wayI can go around this? Many thanks in advance.. .

tldr stuck in probably a boot loop with no recovery options on CWM and no battery... external SD card should be my last resort... wat do?
You can access stoarage in cwm Just go to cwm > mounts and storage > mount usb storage to pc (or something similar at the bottom of the list) and connect to your pc using a usb. Drag the rom that you want to flash, do a full wipe (if not you will be in a bootloop) and then reboot, all fixed!

cespinal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice5813 View Post
You can access stoarage in cwm Just go to cwm > mounts and storage > mount usb storage to pc (or something similar at the bottom of the list) and connect to your pc using a usb. Drag the rom that you want to flash, do a full wipe (if not you will be in a bootloop) and then reboot, all fixed!
Hi there,

Thanks, but even though the option is there, the phone doesnt seem to mount...am I missing something?