XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unbricking trouble

Tip us?

ntrdm545
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unbricking trouble

I have the galaxy m919, and had a bad flash yesterday. My phone is now softbricked, and I am unsuccessful in fixing it.
I have run ODIN with a PDA file and it did not fix the problem. I am pretty sure I also need a PIT file to load. I thought I had one saved from when I originally got my phone and decided to root it and put the Infamous rom on it, but can't find it for the hell of me.
All attempts to search for the files online just gives me .tar files.

Any suggestions?

mrzhadow
Old
Thanks Meter 100
If I was soft bricked I would flash the stock img. When you say bad flash I assume the process was interrupted. Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2336392 and download the stock ROM open Odin and select PDA and find the stock MDL tar file and select it, then put your phone in download mode by pushing (volume down+home and power) then plug it in you your PC. Make sure the com window lights up and click start. Let the phone reboot and then re-root or do what you wish. I hope this helps. Good luck

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrzhadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ntrdm545
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you! I wiped it in recovery, and it fires up just fine now on the stock rom I installed.