XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to unroot my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Tip us?

jst728
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Need to unroot my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Hi everyone, i have recently bought used Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N-7100. Its currently on 4.1.1 but when i try to update its firmware it gives this error "Your device has been modified. Software Updates are not available" after this error i came to know about rooting/unrooting. I have read few tutorials and watch too but didnt see any positive feedbacks from people who have used them. so please let me know is there any safe procedure of unrooting my phone, it has super user app installed + in device status its says "modified" . I will be really gald if someone could help me as i want to go back to stock software.
The Following User Says Thank You to jst728 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdapowerapps
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jst728 View Post
Hi everyone, i have recently bought used Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N-7100. Its currently on 4.1.1 but when i try to update its firmware it gives this error "Your device has been modified. Software Updates are not available" after this error i came to know about rooting/unrooting. I have read few tutorials and watch too but didnt see any positive feedbacks from people who have used them. so please let me know is there any safe procedure of unrooting my phone, it has super user app installed + in device status its says "modified" . I will be really gald if someone could help me as i want to go back to stock software.
Yes, you would need to download a software called Odin. You also need to download a compatible firmware. You stated you have a N-7100. Your firmware should be available here. Simply search for N7100. If you do not see yours listed, please let me know.

If you do find it, put your phone into download mode (hold Vol Down + Home + Power), open up Odin on your computer, then plug your phone to your computer, in Odin, select the "PDA/AP" tab, a window will popup, select the file you downloaded (it will be in a .tar format, if it is in .zip, simply extract it and you will find the .tar file), wait a few seconds while it checks the file. Once it is ready, select start. It will take several minutes to finish and you will be back to 100% stock. You will be able to update your phone without receiving that error. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Here is a video I found that may be useful. It is step by step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdSpibu-WWs

< - - - - - Please hit the button if I helped.

Unlocked TMO SGS4, SGH-M919, WarpDrive KK 4.4.2, Ktoonsez Kernel, PhilZ Touch Recovery.

HUGE THANKS TO rovo89 FOR HIS XPOSED FRAMEWORK. List of Xposed Modules
The Following User Says Thank You to xdapowerapps For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cb@note2
Old
(Last edited by cb@note2; 22nd December 2013 at 07:09 PM.) Reason: Edit: someone was faster ... and more polite than me ;)
Thanks Meter 2
Default unrooting N7100

You don't provide enough information (stock /custom rom, reasons for unroooting,...) for an easy answer imho.
Don't deem me rude ... but to my reckognition it's the best way to start with learning 'how do I make good use of web & forum search mechanisms' - before trying to mess with some complex devices' firmware.
Most probably you'll want to continue reading here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896696

Edit: someone was faster ... and more polite than me
The Following User Says Thank You to cb@note2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jst728
Old
(Last edited by jst728; 25th December 2013 at 11:17 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default jst728

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapowerapps View Post
Yes, you would need to download a software called Odin. You also need to download a compatible firmware. You stated you have a N-7100. Your firmware should be available . Simply search for N7100. If you do not see yours listed, please let me know.

If you do find it, put your phone into download mode (hold Vol Down + Home + Power), open up Odin on your computer, then plug your phone to your computer, in Odin, select the "PDA/AP" tab, a window will popup, select the file you downloaded (it will be in a .tar format, if it is in .zip, simply extract it and you will find the .tar file), wait a few seconds while it checks the file. Once it is ready, select start. It will take several minutes to finish and you will be back to 100% stock. You will be able to update your phone without receiving that error. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Here is a video I found that may be useful. It is step by step.

I went to SAM mobile website to download firmware but i couldnt find firmware for version 4.1.1 . Only version available for N-7100 is version 4.3 . What should i do now?
The Following User Says Thank You to jst728 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cb@note2
Old
(Last edited by cb@note2; 25th December 2013 at 05:25 PM.) Reason: xMas politeness
Thanks Meter 2
Would you please kindly READ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896696
People who wrote this all-in-one manual for xda forum are no freaking dumb kids.
So READ this. As often as is necessary for you to understand.

Firmware versions 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 and 4.3 are available at SamMobile!
- Go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/
- Enter you device data.
- Select & download firmware
- Continue at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896696
- rtfm

Happy xMas anyway :|
The Following User Says Thank You to cb@note2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]