5,593,248 Members 32,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast Youtube Video

Tip us?

wptski
Old
(Last edited by wptski; 25th December 2013 at 03:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Default Chromecast Youtube Video

I found this YouTube video on the Chromecast. Most of the usage is well known but at 6:15 into it they mentioned the Chrome PC extension settings which isn't much. There appears to be some hidden settings called Custom Mirror Settings that can be uncovered and might being interesting to some.

Unless this has already been covered and I missed it???

Check it out at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFT3kXm7MGQ
Nexus 10 32GB Buttered Manta AOKP 4.3 ROM with KTManta kernel
Dell Streak 7 WiFi Unofficial CM 10.1

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski View Post
I found this YouTube video on the Chromecast. Most of the usage is well known but at 6:15 into it they mentioned the Chrome PC extension settings which isn't much. There appears to be some hidden settings called Custom Mirror Settings that can be uncovered and might being interesting to some.

Unless this has already been covered and I missed it???

Check it out at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFT3kXm7MGQ
Yes the GoogleCast Ext will do Mirroring....
When you click on Icon and see the Menu right under the mouse is a little arrow that when you click will let you select between Cast Tab, Cast Screen and Audio Mode....the Cast Screen is still experimental and if you have Multiple Monitors it will cast all monitors since there is no way to select which monitor you want to cast.

It's proof that Mirroring is Possible with the Hardware side of CCast, Just a matter of supporting it with better software than the GoogleCast and incorporating it into the DIAL Menu options.