XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Only EDGE Network After NAND Wipe

Tip us?

rustintheoil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Only EDGE Network After NAND Wipe

I have an AT&T S3 which, during some shenanigans I don't remember, was encrypted with a password I could not retrieve. I used Odin to erase the phone's NAND because I had a nandroid backup. This backup, however, was corrupted. I was able to use Odin to flash a stock firmware, but I now only have access to EDGE instead of LTE.

I have restored EFS and NV backups from another AT&T S3 with my IMEI and serial written to them, and my serial and IMEI display correctly in my phone's status window.
I have tried flashing every available modem for the phone.
I have tried numerous APN settings and *#*#INFO*#*# settings.
I have tried damn near every solution to similar problems in this forum.

Any more ideas?

shortydoggg
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Where did you get your EFS and NV, and how did you restore them?

rustintheoil
Old
(Last edited by rustintheoil; 25th December 2013 at 05:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydoggg View Post
Where did you get your EFS and NV, and how did you restore them?
I used EFS Pro + Qualcomm tools to backup the EFS folder and NV data from a working AT&T S3. Doing this brought back my IMEI, but did not much else otherwise.

EDIT: To clarify, I used the tools to write my specific imei and serial to the backup before restoring that to my phone.

shortydoggg
Old
(Last edited by shortydoggg; 25th December 2013 at 07:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 188
Ok, a lot of these usually don't get fixed, but I'm going to stick to here what worked for some.

First, I'm going to assume that you injected your IMEI correctly. I would next use the EFS Pro to format your EFS from the restore option at the top (then clicking format EFS), since that EFS came from another phone. Your EFS folder will automatically be re-created when you later reboot.

Next, I would download and unzip the attached file. Inject the .txt file with the nv reader /writer. The nv reader writer can be found in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32&postcount=1

Follow steps 1-4, but instead of reading, you're writing the .txt file that you unzipped to your NV. It only contains missing information and should not touch your IMEI. Do not change the dec or hex range.

Reboot the phone and see what happens.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NVItemi747.zip - [Click for QR Code] (104.3 KB, 5 views)