5,599,677 Members 45,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia T wifi authentication problem

Tip us?
 
Kevinjs
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Xperia T wifi authentication problem

Hi all, just got the T today. Everything works fine except I cant get the wifi to work, It detects my wifi network but when I connect to it it tries and eventually says authentication problem. I am on stock 4.1.2.
Thanks.
 
St.Jimmy90
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 315
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Frankfurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinjs View Post
Hi all, just got the T today. Everything works fine except I cant get the wifi to work, It detects my wifi network but when I connect to it it tries and eventually says authentication problem. I am on stock 4.1.2.
Thanks.
Does your network allow new devices?
 
Kevinjs
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90 View Post
Does your network allow new devices?
Yes, I have used it with numerous phones and laptops etc and never had any trouble with it. I am going to try flash a ftf and see if it fixes it.
 
Kevinjs
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jan 2011
That didnt help it, I also flashed Miui and it still doesnt work.
If it makes any difference my phones bootloader cannot be unlocked.
 
St.Jimmy90
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 315
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Frankfurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinjs View Post
That didnt help it, I also flashed Miui and it still doesnt work.
If it makes any difference my phones bootloader cannot be unlocked.
Umm, did you try to change the safty to WPA2?
 
WhiteNeo
Old
#6  
WhiteNeo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 123
Posts: 388
Join Date: Feb 2013
Might also be a problem with the WiFi module.. Maybe try the warranty service, if your phone is new?

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
 
Kevinjs
Old
(Last edited by Kevinjs; 25th December 2013 at 08:30 PM.)
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo View Post
Might also be a problem with the WiFi module.. Maybe try the warranty service, if your phone is new?

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
No, I bought it second hand, I managed to get it to connect once earlier after removing security but its not working anymore.

Edit: When I have no security on the phones says "obtaining ip address" for about 20 seconds and then seems to reset itself and repeat.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more