[Q] EVO 3D CDMA hboot 1.58 how to downgrade to 1.5

Tip us?

prater
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] EVO 3D CDMA hboot 1.58 how to downgrade to 1.5

Hello all,

First off, this is my first post, so if I posted in the wrong location please forgive me.

I have a EVO 3D CDMA (Sprint) phone. I am currently running hboot 1.58 S-OFF (juopunutbear) and MeanRom ICS, with 4ext recovery 1.0.0.5 RC9. Performance is terrible (lagging when playing games and even typing messages), and there are several features missing in ICS that I used in Gingerbread (call duration, message count, screen snapshots, etc).

I would like to downgrade to MeanRom on Gingerbread, with hboot 1.5 and TWRP recovery. I've already done some research so I need confirmation:

If I use bootloader:

To downgrade the hboot from 1.58 to 1.5, do I rename the hboot 1.5 to pg86img.zip, put the zip in the root file of the SD card, boot into bootloader and let the phone detect the zip file? I understand that the file has to be deleted after the phone is updated, how do I do that?

Once the hboot is downgraded, will 4ext still work, or do I have to change/upgrade it right away? Do I just run the 2.17 RUU to reset the phone to Gingerbread?

Also, can this be done via fastboot? If so, how?

I know these questions have been asked before, but I haven't seen any posts with my exact configuration. If there are any posts, please let me know.

Thanks for any help you have to offer.

donkeykong1
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by prater View Post
Hello all,

First off, this is my first post, so if I posted in the wrong location please forgive me.

I have a EVO 3D CDMA (Sprint) phone. I am currently running hboot 1.58 S-OFF (juopunutbear) and MeanRom ICS, with 4ext recovery 1.0.0.5 RC9. Performance is terrible (lagging when playing games and even typing messages), and there are several features missing in ICS that I used in Gingerbread (call duration, message count, screen snapshots, etc).

I would like to downgrade to MeanRom on Gingerbread, with hboot 1.5 and TWRP recovery. I've already done some research so I need confirmation:

If I use bootloader:

To downgrade the hboot from 1.58 to 1.5, do I rename the hboot 1.5 to pg86img.zip, put the zip in the root file of the SD card, boot into bootloader and let the phone detect the zip file? I understand that the file has to be deleted after the phone is updated, how do I do that?

Once the hboot is downgraded, will 4ext still work, or do I have to change/upgrade it right away? Do I just run the 2.17 RUU to reset the phone to Gingerbread?

Also, can this be done via fastboot? If so, how?

I know these questions have been asked before, but I haven't seen any posts with my exact configuration. If there are any posts, please let me know.

Thanks for any help you have to offer.
If you're s- off you can do whatever you want. First - to downgrade h-boot just rename that h-boot zip to PG86IMG.zip and put it on root of your sd card. Then go to your bootloader and just follow prompts to flash new h-boot. When that's done, you don't need adb or anything like that. You can do everything directly on your phone

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to donkeykong1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]