XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on bootloader after changing screen density with Rom Toolbox

Tip us?

Vivictus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Stuck on bootloader after changing screen density with Rom Toolbox

Hey guys. As the title suggests, I can't boot my Note 2 (sgh-i317). It is stuck on the AT&T logo and while it's stuck there it vibrates slightly every 5-6 seconds. I tried changing my screen density to 240 and it worked for a bit but annoed me. then I went to change it back and got this problem. I accidentally set it to 360 I think though, instead of 320. I have wiped the cache. I have wiped the data. I have installed roms countless times already with Odin. I'd imagine my reset counter is at over 10 just from today.

I've been searching on google and these forums for hours and have seen many suggestions, but none of them have worked. The farthest I have gotten was to get the phone to boot, but once I start going through all the setup stuff I begin getting error popups saying that Touchwiz home has stopped responding. As soon as I push OK the error immediately pops up again. I seriously can not do anything with my phone.

Is there any way to get a stock build.prop file somewhere for this phone, and if so, how would I install it if I can't even boot into the device?

Any help would greatly be appreciated. I have no idea where else to turn here. Thanks!

-Mark

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2869
Do you have a backup to restore from recovery ??

If not....then power down the device and remove the SD card and place it into a PC card adapter...

Then download or copy over a suitable rom...

Then place the SD into the phone and boot into recovery...
Fully wipe the device and flash the rom of choice...

Reboot....set....profit....g

Edit:
Are you certain that your power button is not stuck ?

If the method I suggested fails... and rebooting occurs with vibration...then your power button is suspect....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g

Vivictus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks. Well I got it to boot finally, however there's been a couple issues since. It's on 4.1.2 right now...

1. Whenever I try to officially update to 4.3 through the settings, it downloads, then when installing it ALWAYS fails at 25%.

2. This is a big issue. My data connectivity is gone. I have no 4g access period. If I'm not using a wifi network, I can't do anything online, period. I've reflashed numerous times, and can't get it to recognize the network. I can make calls just fine, just no data.

I've tried wiping data and going to factory reset, but this doesn't help in any way whatsoever. I've popped out the battery and sim card and reinserted after a few minutes, still to no avail.

The funny thing also, last night my friend, who has the same phone, updated to 4.3 and got the EXACT issues I've been dealing with. The ONLY thing in common is that we have both rooted our phones in the past. When I first got 4.3 it worked fine. It wasn't until I rooted that these issues began. My friend's phone was not rooted, however it had been in the past. I'm thinking that this 4.3 update has an issue with phones that are rooted or have been at some time. I don't know how it can tell, but that's all I can think of. his phone now is also a doorstop, like mine.

Vivictus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
K, fixed data connectivity from another thread here. For some reason, even if I wipe my system, it seems to still keep settings intact. In this case, nothing set in APN. Seems the more I try to fix my phone, the more problems show up.

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2869
If you updated to official 4.3...then yes ...a whole new host of problems are yours until the devs figure out the locked bootloader and it's knox flag...

Backups won't restore....and so forth...

Read around ....you'll see...g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g