XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] Insuficient Storage Available

Tip us?

LexHax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] [Help] Insuficient Storage Available

Yes. I know you're going to tell me to use the search or google, etc. But believe me when I say I have tried a lot already.

I'm getting this error when I try to install or update almost every APK on my Android. SOME will install or update and I can tell you there's nothing to do with file size. The storages seem to have plenty of free space, apps install smoothly when I factory reset my phone, but after a few days I start getting this annoying error.

I'm running the latest Nightly build from CyanogemMod for LG p720h (Yea, it's not stable and I know I should expect some... erm... bugs). It's Android 4.1.2.

I know the Internal Storage is emulated and have tried many many many fixes I found in this very forum and all over the internet. I'm a game developer so I know a few things about adb shell/logcats but couldn't find/understand anything analizing those during an APK install. I can provide logs, etc.

Can anyone help me find out how to solve this problem? Any idea of what's going on?

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexHax View Post
Yes. I know you're going to tell me to use the search or google, etc. But believe me when I say I have tried a lot already.

I'm getting this error when I try to install or update almost every APK on my Android. SOME will install or update and I can tell you there's nothing to do with file size. The storages seem to have plenty of free space, apps install smoothly when I factory reset my phone, but after a few days I start getting this annoying error.

I'm running the latest Nightly build from CyanogemMod for LG p720h (Yea, it's not stable and I know I should expect some... erm... bugs). It's Android 4.1.2.

I know the Internal Storage is emulated and have tried many many many fixes I found in this very forum and all over the internet. I'm a game developer so I know a few things about adb shell/logcats but couldn't find/understand anything analizing those during an APK install. I can provide logs, etc.

Can anyone help me find out how to solve this problem? Any idea of what's going on?
Is because your phone doesn't have enough ram(storage for apps) to hold those apps. If you have an sd card you can use AppMgr III (App 2 SD):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....gphone.app2sd

You can move apps to either internal or external storage

LexHax
Old
(Last edited by LexHax; 25th December 2013 at 03:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice5813 View Post
Is because your phone doesn't have enough ram(storage for apps) to hold those apps. If you have an sd card you can use AppMgr III (App 2 SD):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....gphone.app2sd

You can move apps to either internal or external storage
I was able to install this app but it didn't work, it says the primary external storage is emulated. The Storage manager says it has 548mb free space on my internal storage which should be plenty.

And even if I uninstall an app 50mb big I can't install other apps, even if they're 1MB or less. I don't think it has anything to do with "real" available storage.

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
I was able to install this app but it didn't work, it says the primary external storage is emulated. The Storage manager says it has 548mb free space on my internal storage which should be plenty.

And even if I uninstall an app 50mb big I can't install other apps, even if they're 1MB or less. I don't think it has anything to do with "real" available storage.
apps don't use internal storage, they use a partition inside the internal, which is why you dont get all the storage on the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maurice5813 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LexHax
Old
(Last edited by LexHax; 25th December 2013 at 03:51 PM.) Reason: Adding info.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
apps don't use internal storage, they use a partition inside the internal, which is why you dont get all the storage on the box.
So, how I check how big is this partition and what files are there so I can move them and free some space?

Edit: Found the df command and got this:

Maurice5813
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
So, how I check how big is this partition and what files are there so I can move them and free some space?

Edit: Found the df command and got this:

the app tells you what you can and can't

LexHax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
the app tells you what you can and can't
It's not working for me, any better idea for debugging this problem?

LexHax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It's not related to log files too, I can't even find the log folders.