5,597,198 Members 41,013 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KK 4.4 SD Card "Insufficient Permissions"

Tip us?

richardjrdeal
Old
(Last edited by richardjrdeal; 26th December 2013 at 12:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] KK 4.4 SD Card "Insufficient Permissions"

First off, I'm running a VZW Droid Razr Maxx HD (XT926), CM11 JB/KK 4.4.2 nightly build updates by epinter, rooted with an unlocked bootloader.....

I was trying to save a picture from my browser (Dolphin) to my SD Card and received an "insufficient permissions" notification. I can't even change my default download folder in the browser settings. Gives me the same error. Developer options are enabled. I tried changing the R/W permissions of my SD Card, but that was not successful either.

Question: Anyone know how to fix this? I'm sure it's probably something I'm overlooking and it may have already been addressed on XDA, somewhere, but I can't find it in a search.

Thanks.

Borderpatrol1987
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardjrdeal View Post
First off, I'm running a VZW Droid Razr Maxx HD (XT926), CM11 JB/KK 4.4 20131203 nightly build by epinter, rooted with an unlocked bootloader.....

I was trying to save a picture from my browser (Dolphin) to my SD Card and received an "insufficient permissions" notification. I can't even change my default download folder in the browser settings. Gives me the same error. Developer options are enabled. I tried changing the R/W permissions of my SD Card, but that was not successful either.

Question: Anyone know how to fix this? I'm sure it's probably something I'm overlooking and it may have already been addressed on XDA, somewhere, but I can't find it in a search.

Thanks.
update to the latest version
Moto V188 -> RAZR -> BB 8100 -> BB 8900 -> Thunderbolt -> DROID RAZR HD -> Galaxy Note 3

If I helped you, hit thanks!

elektronAu
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderpatrol1987 View Post
update to the latest version
Just to elaborate, it's a good idea to track this thread for CM11 dev

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...518701&page=76

I believe the patch went in around the 6th of Dec and was definitely in by the 9th, so any build from 9th onwards should have SD write fixed.

richardjrdeal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I take the nightly updates. I'm on the current version. Still won't give me option to save to external SD Card, or set it as default download directory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-12-08-36-17.png
Views:	68
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	2450370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-12-08-34-51.png
Views:	120
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	2450371  

cleiton.a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardjrdeal View Post
I take the nightly updates. I'm on the current version. Still won't give me option to save to external SD Card, or set it as default download directory.
Have you already try to wipe cache and dalvik? If this not solution your problem, try a full wipe... In my phone everything is working fine... So this problem maybe only with your mobile... MAYBE! Try first wipe cache and Dalvik, if no work, try a full wipe..

Best regards,
Cleiton

elektronAu
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Seems that there are still SD write related changes being made, like this one that went into the 16th build.

It might actually be related:

https://github.com/cyanogenmod/andro...7f6fded3bf5624

Sent from my XT925 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

richardjrdeal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yeah, I've tried wipes and fix permission and clean installs, best I can determine it's dolphin. I can change storage settings and write to external sdcard in other 3rd party apps. I've notified them.

XT926 CM11

richardjrdeal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It's a great ROM and most issues that have come up are fixed in a few builds.. For instance the camera.. And the fact that I can move items to and from my external sdcard with the built in file explorer that had root access makes me think again it's just dolphin. I noticed on its permissions it doesn't list read and write to sdcard.

XT926 CM11 4.4.2 nightly build updates