5,594,282 Members 43,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with Installation aborted error in recovery mode

Tip us?
 
skade
Old
#11  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 43
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice5813 View Post
Are you using cwm or twrp recovery? Im sure those are the only recoveries supported. If yes, have you tried updating the recovery?
I used CWM first but when it didn't work, I tried TWRP.

I downloaded the 2 from play store. How do I update recovery? I just wanna be sure if what I did was considered updating the recovery.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Black (Non-rooted)
BACK-UP PHONES: HTC 8S (Windows 8) and THL W7S
TABLET: iPad Mini First Gen

Check out my Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/shop/OhDawling
 
Maurice5813
Old
#12  
Guest
Thanks Meter 846
Posts: 0
Join Date: Jan 1970
Quote:
Originally Posted by skade View Post
I used CWM first but when it didn't work, I tried TWRP.

I downloaded the 2 from play store. How do I update recovery? I just wanna be sure if what I did was considered updating the recovery.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
well, your device isn't official supported by clockworkmod or twrp developers, so your on a build someone built from source themselfs. Most likely if that person hasn't built a new recovery, you can't update.

So search for a newer cwm
 
skade
Old
#13  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 43
Join Date: Nov 2007
Where can I switch for a newer cwm apart from play store?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Black (Non-rooted)
BACK-UP PHONES: HTC 8S (Windows 8) and THL W7S
TABLET: iPad Mini First Gen

Check out my Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/shop/OhDawling
 
droidinterest
Old
#14  
droidinterest's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 73
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bogor
Quote:
Originally Posted by skade View Post
Where can I switch for a newer cwm apart from play store?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
that is mtk phone, you can find your cwm here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2123239
or
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1825722
flash manually
or you can use mtk droid & root tools for auto cwm made
 
skade
Old
#15  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 43
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidinterest View Post
that is mtk phone, you can find your cwm here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2123239
or
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1825722
flash manually
or you can use mtk droid & root tools for auto cwm made
used this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1825722

and tried to use Auto download. doesn't work. Manual option seems a bit complicated. any easier option?
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Black (Non-rooted)
BACK-UP PHONES: HTC 8S (Windows 8) and THL W7S
TABLET: iPad Mini First Gen

Check out my Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/shop/OhDawling
 
droidinterest
Old
#16  
droidinterest's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 73
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bogor
Quote:
Originally Posted by skade View Post
used this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1825722

and tried to use Auto download. doesn't work. Manual option seems a bit complicated. any easier option?
if your android has root, you can use mtkdroid tools created by rua1 for auto cwm made.
you can go to link above.follow the guide.

manual option is easy too, try to read the instruction carefully.
i think that is only copy paste to make recovery.
and if recovery has made, you can flash with mobileuncle tool apk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...