sslazio 1900;48815607]Hi guys! Fist of all: Merry XMas to everyone
I'm now posting here for the first time. My employer gave me a KFHD 7 for xmas, and now i'm looking to turn this device's os into a good Android version (just found Pacman
The problem is that, obviously, now my device has Amazon OS v7.4.6.
Following this guide (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2271909
) to get my device ready to be flashed, i read that is proper to start with a device with v7.2.3.
Ok... i get back and found this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254
Just before to buy a factory cable on ebay to downgrade my KFHD, i want to ask you about some thoughts i have:
- To downgrade to 7.2.3, do i need a rooted device? And how can i root my KFHD 7.4.6?
- Reading first guide, seems not too hard to get Android on my KFHD, i learned that the process is:
- Install on my PC Android SDK, in order to be able to run fastboot & ADB commands
- Root the device
- Install Bootloader & TWRP
- Flash choosen rom
Basically yes. Make sure you set the paths for fastboot and ADB in your environment.
Is that the correct procedure?
Ouf of a soft brick yes. Hard brick is unrecoverable at the time.
- Buying a factory cable, i'll be able to recover any kind of brick?
A ROM does not become official until the dev deems it very stable. Most 4.3 ROM's are very stable.
- What is the difference between Official and Unofficials ROMs?
- Just to ask you ( ): wich kind of rom do you advice as the more stable, eyecandy and usefull, based on 4.3? Do you think the PACman can be a good choice?
I can't "suggest a ROM" but I can say I was happy using Cyanogenmod and Paranoid Android. There are many great ROM's though. Read through the topics before you decide and make sure that the ROM you are about to choose is working well.
Thanks a lot, i'm new in this world, i would like to use my KF with a more flexible and usefull OS than the Amazon's one, but i'm a bit confused reading all the guides here
Merry Christmas to you too.
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736
Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841