XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in CWM no valid rom to flash

Tip us?

rezistrat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Stuck in CWM no valid rom to flash

So I just repaired my broken screen and after booting I had an old custom rom on my Nexus so I downloaded a new rom with Gapps file. Well for some reason I decided to delete some older files, which included some older roms. Well the rom failed and now my nexus stays booted into CWM recovery. It won't let me mount the storage to add files from my computer for some reason. Also I've tried Rom toolkits and they keep getting stuck waiting for device.

There must be some easy way to ADB push some files to my download folder right?

bftb0
Old
(Last edited by bftb0; 25th December 2013 at 10:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezistrat View Post
So I just repaired my broken screen and after booting I had an old custom rom on my Nexus so I downloaded a new rom with Gapps file. Well for some reason I decided to delete some older files, which included some older roms. Well the rom failed and now my nexus stays booted into CWM recovery. It won't let me mount the storage to add files from my computer for some reason. Also I've tried Rom toolkits and they keep getting stuck waiting for device.

There must be some easy way to ADB push some files to my download folder right?
1) First, beware of discharging the tablet by letting it sit with either the bootloader (fastboot mode) or the custom recovery running. I will presume you can get the tablet into full-shutdown when you are not working on it... unless you say otherwise. Make sure you keep the tablet charged to prevent the situation from getting worse.

2) Your mention of "mounting" is a little bit ambiguous; but as an alternative you can put a ROM on a USB memory stick and mount it via a OTG cable. TWRP can do this; I'm not sure about CWM as I don't use it.

3) Yes you should be able to push a big ROM file via adb when a custom recovery is running.

There a a couple of things that could prevent this:

a) you don't have drivers on your Win-doze PC working correctly,
b) you have a flaky USB hardware link,
c) the ext4 filesytem which is in the userdata partition is so bolluxed up that it can't be mounted, so even if there are no problems such as (a) or (b), there is no "destination" for the ROM file to be copied to. You could try to flash a ROM directly from an OTG-mounted USB key, but it will still fail if the /data partition ca't be mounted.

Note that condition (b) above sometimes has the behavior that small files such as the bootloader or boot image can be transferred (e.g. via fastboot flash or adb push), but larger files will error out or stall. That is simply because if you have a flaky conection, the probability of failure increases in proportion to the amount of data being transferred. Sometimes these types of problems can be resolved by using a different USB port on the PC, or different data cable; other times using a different PC.

From your description it is not clear whether you have condition (a), (b) or (c) going on; please clarify.
"I'm gonna start coding placebo apps. That way I will be sure that the complaints are real and the praises hollow."

rezistrat
Old
(Last edited by rezistrat; 26th December 2013 at 01:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Thanks for the reply. I used the toolkit which was awesome. Side loaded factory image and finally it worked
I somehow deleted my recovery as well so no adb but fast boot worked fine. Needless to say I thought I was bricked thank god for developers
Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app