XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GPS fix

Tip us?

sublimejhn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] GPS fix

So I have a question about the GPS on the G2. I installed cyanogenmod immediately after opening my G2. I did not realize you needed to get a GPS lock with the stock ROM first, so my GPS has not worked since I've had the phone. From what I can find the only fix I see is to roll back to stock, get a lock, and then restore my current ROM.

I currently have the latest CM11 nightly and the latest clockwork mod recovery. I don't mind backing up my current install, flashing another ROM, getting a GPS lock and then restoring, but I can't seem to find an easy way to do this. I don't see a stock ROM that I can just flash in recovery, which i'd really like to do if possible since I'm not going to keep the stock ROM for more than a couple of minutes. Some have recommended cleanrom 1.0, which I tried but after wiping data and cache only resulted in a black screen and wouldn't actually boot.

So does anyone know if there is an easy fix for the GPS that I haven't found when you have never had a lock on a stock ROM, and if not, is there a simple ROM I could flash to get this fixed up quick? Thanks for any help

PAGOT
Old
Thanks Meter 321

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=sublimejhn;48825722]So I have a question about the GPS on the G2. I installed cyanogenmod immediately after opening my G2. I did not realize you needed to get a GPS lock with the stock ROM first, so my GPS has not worked since I've had the phone..../QUOTE]

I never heard of something like this. Can you please show me where you found this info? (for me this looks like a busted GPS, or Cyanogenmod GPS problem, have your checked their thread for help and info?)

Sorry that I won't help you much. But I am really interested in that part that you need to get a lock first with a stock rom.

Btw for ppl to help you with ROM's you could also share your exact device variant.

Also not sure what you mean by cleanrom being stock? Everything that is other as the KDZ files or OTA from LG are not stock. There are guides how to go to stock. But flashing something in recovery classifies as going custom. Are you sure that would fix your GPS problem?

^ don't have that phone anymore, too lazy to change the picture...

LG G2
Stock 4.2.2 with G2 Xposed variant 0
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
echo "who cares, always changes with the kernel..." > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

Quadrant score never matters!