5,599,977 Members 44,857 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Metro PCs or T-Mobile free tether "Root" Interesting facts !

Tip us?

lojak29
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Default Metro PCs or T-Mobile free tether "Root" Interesting facts !

NATIVE FREE TETHERING FROM THE HOTSPOT SETTINGS WORKS 60$ UNLIMITED plan ON- - ->

AOKP CM11 PARANOID ANDROID ONLY !

"Not stock ROMs ",Unless you pay for hotspots 40$ OR 50$ Plan .

I wanted to make one conclusion for those that "Mainly use metro PCs and want to get free tether on the 60$,unlimited plan .In which you can't tether under 60$,plan its blocked unless you pay for it .
T-Mobile plans not sure there are some bypass tricks out there and treve mod tether apk that work and some that don't ...Its tricky business .
This is all due to integrated tether upsell apk. When you try to tether to anything on stock ROM and your data plan isn't provisioned for tethering another words
"Your not paying extra " when you try to tether the upsell apk triggers and it wants to check to see of your plan is provisioned for tethering. If not FAIL if so you can tether the amount your allowed .
These are ways metro has figured how to block tethering .. Same for tmobile ..But metro particularly is hard to get around .
This also applies to T-Mobile devices in a sense .

THE FIX...any aokp cm11 or paranoid ROM should work
It doesn't trigger any upsell apk or include the framework and crap that blocks this .

Has to do with using a Aokp cm11 Roms that are pure android debloated.
I've tried many fixes and bypass attempts with metro and its hard with the stock ROM to tether on
"Any of there devices Period".Unless you pay for it.

THESE ROMS ARE ONLY MAINLY AVAILABLE FOR GALAXY DEVICES ON METRO .
Lg and such won't have original development ROMs made
Metro PCs phones usually gets the development shaft !!!Sorry guys!
The reason we get any love at all is only cause our s4,mega and s3 are compatible and almost same devices as tmobiles devices .
Flash the aokp ROM cm11 specific made for your metro pcs phone ,and tether away using the built in tether under Menu/ settings /more /tether hotspot .

Sent from my Metro pcs mega cm11 using xda app-developers app

bnb25
Old
Thanks Meter 53

joe1blue
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Wow very thankful for the information I was planning to root and apply the free tethering apk lol I would have been scratching my head for hours.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app