5,593,401 Members 36,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is Root possible?

Tip us?
 
dimaxzouze
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Is Root possible?

I just got the sprint S4, it has the latest update 4.3 MK2 update, is a root available for this version?
 
btoddweber
Old
#2  
btoddweber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1403
Posts: 2,113
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Knoxville
Go here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41743595

Worked for me.
Hit thanks if it helps:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to btoddweber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sk907
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default tried with no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoddweber View Post
Go here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41743595

Worked for me.
Hit thanks if it helps:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've tried this and no luck followed instructions to the tee is there a step I'm missing. .. When I go to odin n go thru all the steps when it starts it fails at but mapping...... am I doing something wrong? N yes I'm a noob please help me
 
btoddweber
Old
#4  
btoddweber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1403
Posts: 2,113
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Knoxville
I don't have anything without being there. I used this by DL the entire root zip chain fire has prepared. I extracted the "guts" and then used PC Odin to Odin in root/supersu...then after reboot I DL ROM manager and used it to one click in CWM.

You could also Google QBKing77 and tag root s4 behind it and his video is on there its perfect

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to btoddweber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sk907
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default got root

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoddweber View Post
I don't have anything without being there. I used this by DL the entire root zip chain fire has prepared. I extracted the "guts" and then used PC Odin to Odin in root/supersu...then after reboot I DL ROM manager and used it to one click in CWM.

You could also Google QBKing77 and tag root s4 behind it and his video is on there its perfect

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ok so finally got root but qbking77 method didn't work I had to use kingo... now I just need a rom I'm trying to get my wifi hotspot to be able to work any recommendations?
The Following User Says Thank You to sk907 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
btoddweber
Old
#6  
btoddweber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1403
Posts: 2,113
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Knoxville
All are pretty sweet....the TW are all real nice and the AOSP side seems to be transitioning to 4.4 from 4.3 so they are "growing"
Depends on what you're preference is.
They kind of frown on "What ROM do you prefer?" threads

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Glad you're up and running:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
sk907
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoddweber View Post
All are pretty sweet....the TW are all real nice and the AOSP side seems to be transitioning to 4.4 from 4.3 so they are "growing"
Depends on what you're preference is.
They kind of frown on "What ROM do you prefer?" threads

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Glad you're up and running:thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for that and my bad didn't know it was frowned upon... I've been wanting to root my older devices for awhile now just been to afraid of bricking I guess lol K so now any known app to work for wifi hotspot work around on sprint? Makes no sense to me to have to pay twice for the same data... trying to hook up to my ps3

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoddweber View Post
I don't have anything without being there. I used this by DL the entire root zip chain fire has prepared. I extracted the "guts" and then used PC Odin to Odin in root/supersu...then after reboot I DL ROM manager and used it to one click in CWM.

You could also Google QBKing77 and tag root s4 behind it and his video is on there its perfect

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
K so tried the qbking77 route that didn't work went thru like it did but hung on the su... I ended up using kingo and that worked well now do you know if there is any good apps that work for wifi hotspot on sprint without having to pay I'm now running a CWM rom
 
btoddweber
Old
#8  
btoddweber's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1403
Posts: 2,113
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Knoxville
Crawj has one around here

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes