XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T Update

Tip us?

gjvah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Exclamation [Q] AT&T Update

I have a rooted S3, running Stockorama for about a year now. Last night, I got this "AT&T Software update". Damn thing popped up and started downloading as soon as I got home (wifi). Doesn't ask if I want it, doesn't give me an option to cancel. Anyone know how to deal with this? Why am I getting an update on a rooted phone with a custom rom in the first place?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.

Samsung Galaxy SIII - Stock Rooted - Main Device
HTC One X - Stock / Returned to AT&T.
Nokia Lumia 900 - Stock - Secondary
HTC Sensation - ARHD - Backup
G2X - HellFire Sandwich ICS
G2 - MIUI
Nexus One - Vanilla
Treo 700wx, iPhone 3Gs, Nokia N72 - collecting dust.

pc103
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjvah View Post
I have a rooted S3, running Stockorama for about a year now. Last night, I got this "AT&T Software update". Damn thing popped up and started downloading as soon as I got home (wifi). Doesn't ask if I want it, doesn't give me an option to cancel. Anyone know how to deal with this? Why am I getting an update on a rooted phone with a custom rom in the first place?

Merry Christmas G!
...Because "AT&T Software update" was running during an OTA push.
No worries.
Custom recovery disqualifies the push.
Freezing disables it.

dntesinfrno
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjvah View Post

Because your custom ROM didn't do a thorough enough job of cleaning up the ATT bull**** to remove the OTA app. As the previous poster mentioned being rooted with a custom recovery should be sufficient enough to halt the installation although if i were you i would seriously consider an alternative ROM or at the very least do some personal house cleaning.
SGS3 i747 sporting Task650 AOKP(Jellybean 4.3) backed by KT747 kernel
If I have helped you a THANKS is appreciated but not expected, and if a problem was solved a [SOLVED] tag in your post title helps better the community
Samsung Moment>Samsung Galaxy S Captivate>Samsung Galaxy SII i777>Samsung Galaxy SIII i747