XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wifi problem

Tip us?

Schurek16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] wifi problem

Me and my girlfriend have now been thru 4 brand new lg g2s in the past three weeks and can't get the wifi to work.it will find and connect to any network and work for about 2 min and then stop loading pages.this is not only on one network it is all wifi networks.We thought it might be faulty phones but we both traded in for new ones.We can't figure out the problem and have talked to everyone possible and searched the web for answers and have found no answers.please help us

LenAsh
Old
(Last edited by LenAsh; 24th December 2013 at 08:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurek16 View Post
Me and my girlfriend have now been thru 4 brand new lg g2s in the past three weeks and can't get the wifi to work.it will find and connect to any network and work for about 2 min and then stop loading pages.this is not only on one network it is all wifi networks.We thought it might be faulty phones but we both traded in for new ones.We can't figure out the problem and have talked to everyone possible and searched the web for answers and have found no answers.please help us
It's your router, not your phone(s). Can't believe you haven't considered the common factor.

There's nothing wrong with the WiFi on these phones. Hence you can't find answers to problems that don't exist...
Moto G 16GB (Good noddy phone for Mrs Ash)
Sony Xperia ZL - Actually better than the Z for me - and LOUD!
LG G2 D802 - rooted Stock with Bloat removed
HTC One - good and terrible in One package
iPAD 2

Kermit33
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
I have no problem with wifi whenever I change new mobile phone . In your case you can try resetting your router.
iPhone 3 > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > iPhone 5 > LG 4X > Sony XZ > LG G Pro > LG G2

Schurek16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have reset the router and like I said in my earlier post, the problem was not just in my house with my wifi, its every wifi we have tried in different places all over

Vepaot
Old
Thanks Meter 44
There isn't nearly enough data here to make any sort of assessment.

-Have you tested your connection settings from the phone? Try something like Speed Test to see if it can establish a connection.

-Does Wi-Fi stay connected or does it drop in and out? Does the Wi-Fi icon change to being grayed out? Does it turn itself off under your settings?

-Have you tried changing the connection type on the router? WPA2 to WEP, etc...

-Have you verified that the network is broadcasting an Internet connection from another device?

-Can you see the phone on your network from a computer?

-Have you tried pinging an IP address from your phone?

More than likely it's a DNS or DHCP issue. But I don't want to recommend any troubleshooting methods until the problem has been isolated.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM 4.3.

The Aphotic Chaotic
LG G2 VS980 (Verizon) [JB 4.3] PAC-man ROM
Nexus 7 [JB 4.2.2] XenonHD

Schurek16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Every device in the house works fine on the network. I play xbox live all the time with no problems.No lagging whatsoever.the phones will connect to the network and look like it's always connected to the network but will not load any pages or any thing.one off the network, it works fine.thus is the only device that has ever not worked in my network

holsteinmoo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Every device in the house works fine on the network. I play xbox live all the time with no problems.No lagging whatsoever.the phones will connect to the network and look like it's always connected to the network but will not load any pages or any thing.one off the network, it works fine.thus is the only device that has ever not worked in my network
I have the same issue. I have had the phone for a month with no issues. The last couple of days, I can't stay connected to any wifi either. It has happened on multiple routers in multiple locations.

I have updated my router firmware (although it happens on all wifi routers). I get a connection, then it disconnects, finds the wifi again, and reconnects...over and over again.

Something is up.

Did a factory reset...wiped everything to start over again...didn't help.