5,604,686 Members 37,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there a business class android tablet?

Tip us?

rudeguy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Is there a business class android tablet?

I'm traveling a lot for work lately and need a quality tablet. I already have a few apps to take care of Excel and things like that. I do need one that can adapt to ethernet for testing. I also need as much internal storage as possible.

I know the Surface Pro 2 can do everything I need but I would like prefer Android.

Help?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Galaxy Note 2
Rooted, hacked and modded

The above post is not intended for public display.

Zimerman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Check out for Lenovo. It is well known that this brand has a series called 'ThinkPad'. All products in this series are for business. I remember there is a tablet in this series.

PJroast
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimerman View Post
Check out for Lenovo. It is well known that this brand has a series called 'ThinkPad'. All products in this series are for business. I remember there is a tablet in this series.
I'm a bit hesitant with Lenovo. My mother has a Lenovo laptop that's used daily for work and it has not fared well, as the keyboard is falling apart, along with the buttons and CD Drive. I'd recommend Asus, the transformer series are great with the keyboard attachment.

350Rocket
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I'm using a 4 year old Lenovo g550 which is their cheap line of laptops. It got dropped badly once and cracked part of the body and keyboard cover and the thing still works perfect today.

Their higher end ThinkPads are supposed to be even better. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Lenovo at all.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

QuintanillaJon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Rocket View Post
I'm using a 4 year old Lenovo g550 which is their cheap line of laptops. It got dropped badly once and cracked part of the body and keyboard cover and the thing still works perfect today.

Their higher end ThinkPads are supposed to be even better. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Lenovo at all.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
They are nice, I have seen a couple of problems on them though, some freezing and hardware issues. Honestly, I usually stick with my Acer or Asus guns.

Zimerman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For lenovo, i don't recommend other than the Thinkpad series. There is later version from Thinkpad called IdeaPad, but Thinkpad is still the best products ever released by lenovo. There are so many tests to ensure its power.

zangetxu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimerman View Post
For lenovo, i don't recommend other than the Thinkpad series. There is later version from Thinkpad called IdeaPad, but Thinkpad is still the best products ever released by lenovo. There are so many tests to ensure its power.
Totally agree, A friend of mine is using Lenovo intel pentium inside one, he is using from an year now, according to him, according to him ,it gets very slow. where as another friend of mine, who is using lenovo think pad for 2 years now. he is very happy. apart from battery life. he is very happy.