XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] P769 still unlockable (bootloader)?

Tip us?

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 502

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] P769 still unlockable (bootloader)?

Ok i hate being "that guy" who has to ask this(especially since i'm an rc), but i have been sifting through threads for the last few hours trying to determine can my p769 still be unlocked? The tutorials i read didn't specify that it was meant for jellybean as far as i saw. It came with ics, and as soon as i hooked it up to my wifi it decided to download the ota and install jellybean. So now i'm stuck trying to figure if the previous process still works because it seems to me like it just flashes and older version of the os, and i thought at the same time it was flashing a older bootloader from a p760 from the kdz file, but at this point i'm lost. Kinda sad since i'm from a community in xda with weird setups as it is. I read the bootloader is being worked on for 2nd init on this phone, i'm assuming thats basically what my kindle fire hd has that we call second bootloader. Anyways is my device's bootloader still unlockable?
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

XAlexander_AlexanderX
Old
(Last edited by XAlexander_AlexanderX; 26th December 2013 at 05:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
Ok i hate being "that guy" who has to ask this(especially since i'm an rc), but i have been sifting through threads for the last few hours trying to determine can my p769 still be unlocked? The tutorials i read didn't specify that it was meant for jellybean as far as i saw. It came with ics, and as soon as i hooked it up to my wifi it decided to download the ota and install jellybean. So now i'm stuck trying to figure if the previous process still works because it seems to me like it just flashes and older version of the os, and i thought at the same time it was flashing a older bootloader from a p760 from the kdz file, but at this point i'm lost. Kinda sad since i'm from a community in xda with weird setups as it is. I read the bootloader is being worked on for 2nd init on this phone, i'm assuming thats basically what my kindle fire hd has that we call second bootloader. Anyways is my device's bootloader still unlockable?
Merp. As you read in the threads, not a lot of people have had success in unlocking the bootloader and I received an email from lg saying it is permanently locked (rolls eyes). We just need the right dev to figure a way to unlock the boot loader....

EDIT: New guide made http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584997

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk
Current Device: AT&T HTC One X+
Rooted, Dev Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
Previous Devices: T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G, Droid Incredible 2, LG G2X, HTC Rezound, LG Optimus L9 P769

stunts513
Old
Thanks Meter 502

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlexander_AlexanderX View Post
Merp. As you read in the threads, not a lot of people have had success in unlocking the bootloader and I received an email from lg saying it is permanently locked (rolls eyes). We just need the right dev to figure a way to unlock the boot loader....

EDIT: New guide made http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584997

ah thanks, i'm going to have to get used to the style of native flashing that this phone uses, i'm used to being able to offload a img made with dd and reflash it from fastboot, the kdz file's are a bit new to me. Also thought i'd ask another question while i'm at it, that 30 minute wait they say i need to fix the radio on first to recieve a token, is that nessassary in the sense that i don't have a data plan so can i just use my wifi?
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE

XAlexander_AlexanderX
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
ah thanks, i'm going to have to get used to the style of native flashing that this phone uses, i'm used to being able to offload a img made with dd and reflash it from fastboot, the kdz file's are a bit new to me. Also thought i'd ask another question while i'm at it, that 30 minute wait they say i need to fix the radio on first to recieve a token, is that nessassary in the sense that i don't have a data plan so can i just use my wifi?
Well in this new guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584997 it was said that you need both Wi-Fi and mobile data. @roamingrican said you need both.

Current Device: AT&T HTC One X+
Rooted, Dev Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
Previous Devices: T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G, Droid Incredible 2, LG G2X, HTC Rezound, LG Optimus L9 P769

stunts513
Old
(Last edited by stunts513; 26th December 2013 at 07:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 502

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlexander_AlexanderX View Post
Well in this new guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2584997 it was said that you need both Wi-Fi and mobile data. @roamingrican said you need both.

ah wonderful... my mom still pays my mobile bill and said until she gets a non-legacy phone, she's not getting us a data plan. Her current phone's my old sgh-x495 if i remember correctly. Pre-smartphone... Guess i will just settle with root for now until she gets a data plan. Who knows, by then there might be a bootloader unlock fix. Thanks for the help, hopefully i can contribute to this community in time like i have the kindle community, not that i was one of the major players or anything.

roamingrican
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
ah wonderful... my mom still pays my mobile bill and said until she gets a non-legacy phone, she's not getting us a data plan. Her current phone's my old sgh-x495 if i remember correctly. Pre-smartphone... Guess i will just settle with root for now until she gets a data plan. Who knows, by then there might be a bootloader unlock fix. Thanks for the help, hopefully i can contribute to this community in time like i have the kindle community, not that i was one of the major players or anything.
You only need mobile data for 30-40 minutes so maybe you can borrow a friends metro or t-mo sim for that time period.
Devices:
LG MS769 (Metro PCS) Unlocked Bootloader Running CM11.0 KitKat
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Unlocked Bootloader Running PacRom
Acer Iconia tab A500 Running Taboonay

Future Purchase: (Before 2014) Samsung Galaxy Mega (Metro PCS)