5,600,919 Members 42,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone else having sudden jump in volume after calls on 4.4.2?

Tip us?

peabody42
Old
(Last edited by peabody42; 23rd December 2013 at 02:47 AM.) Reason: Added info.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default [Q] Anyone else having sudden jump in volume after calls on 4.4.2?

Hi folks,
I'm running Beanstalk 4.4.2, with
- PA's GApps 20131215-signed
- Firmware 3.05.651.5
- S-OFF,

and I'm experiencing sudden volume jumps up. It's reproducible. If I MAKE a call, then hang up, everything gets really loud: notifications, music/media, incoming ringtones, button presses. Even when I turn volume to one click above vibrate(silent), all sounds are really loud.

Rebooting fixes the problem, until the next time I make a call.

I've tried the new KitKat dialer apk with local search, but this doesn't fix the problem. I've tried freezing DSP Manager, but this doesn't do anything either.

Anyone else having similar problems, or know of a fix? Thanks!

Edit: also occurs with last CM build. Must be common for 4.4.2?

deakelem
Old
(Last edited by deakelem; 23rd December 2013 at 12:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody42 View Post
Hi folks,
I'm running Beanstalk 4.4.2, with
- PA's GApps 20131215-signed
- Firmware 3.05.651.5
- S-OFF,

and I'm experiencing sudden volume jumps up. It's reproducible. If I MAKE a call, then hang up, everything gets really loud: notifications, music/media, incoming ringtones, button presses. Even when I turn volume to one click above vibrate(silent), all sounds are really loud.

Rebooting fixes the problem, until the next time I make a call.

I've tried the new KitKat dialer apk with local search, but this doesn't fix the problem. I've tried freezing DSP Manager, but this doesn't do anything either.

Anyone else having similar problems, or know of a fix? Thanks!

Edit: also occurs with last CM build. Must be common for 4.4.2?
Feel better... You're not alone I too have the same issue on cm11 nightlies but only some of the most recent nightlies...I'm sure the cause is getting merged along the way. Its only a matter of time before its sorted.

Lol...I was falling asleep and got a text and it was on max vol...I double checked...turned it down to the lowest again and booom! Another text! Max again...thought it was just me being used to a quiet room or something or that my ring vol was not linked to notification vol but they were

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to deakelem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peabody42
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Thanks for making me feel like I wasn't crazy! It is pretty impressive how loud the phone is able to get. Hope there's a fix soon!

peabody42
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Few more notes to see if it helps anyone get to the bottom of this:
DSP manager works ok with fresh boot. Crank volume up, custom EQ works.

Make a call, volume spikes up, and then I have to turn volume down to one below vibrate. DSP custom EQ seems to still work: if I crank different frequencies up, you can hear a difference, but the thing is it doesn't sound the same as with fresh boot/DSP settings.

Eg: crank the 250hz range up, get nice bass from speakers with fresh boot. Make call, have to turn volume down, but the bass is gone and I can't get it to sound the same fiddling with the EQ.

I can't think of why this is the case. Anyway, don't mean to be annoying, just trying to see if anyone can piece this random info together.
Tags
volume sudden loud 4.4.2