Tip us?

themueller
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Zelly Cream 5 - Wrong Permission texts

Hi!

The Problem at first, the hymn later

I've flashed Zelly Cream 5.0 on my Mini Pro (sk17i / mango) and now I have wrong permissions displayed in Play Store and in Settings -> Apps.

For Example:

Apex has permissions of "Allows application to retrieve internal state of the system...", "Allows an application to turn on debugging...", "Allows application to receive an process wap messages...", "Allow an application to forcibly stop other application...", "allows an application to turn on debugging for another application...", "allows an application to enable the car mode...", "allows an application to forcibly stop other applications...".

No word about "can call numbers like it want" like seen in stock rom.

When I look at the permissions with android assistant I can see "Call Phone" with seems to be right.

Anyone else with this problem? It's really bad if searching for new apps with less rights.

I run Zelly Cream 5.0 Reincarnation with both vengeance and mesa kernel and the framework fix applied. Problem appears on both kernels. (ok, i don't think it has anything to do with the kernel...)

So far my (I think) last probelm with Zelly Cream. Tell me if you have a fix or need more information or local tests. I'm no android developer, but linux developer so some shell tests are no prob

Now the very good points!

Zelly Cream is REALLY GREAT WORK!

The MiniPro runs smooth (nearly as fxp) and the camera is actually working great with good quality again.
The power consumption is a little bit better than on normal stock.

I had a problem with the german layout on my device but could fix ist with the help of the forum by _not_ using the Stock keyboard (doesn't work for me at all, quits immediatly after popping up) editing the keychars and keylaout. Works really great now!

All other probs I've seen are only eye candy and already discussed in the developer forum so I hope it'll be fixed in the next release.

I don't like the launcher because I want to have static desktop images. So I installed apex and all is fine (my very own problem).

If now only the permissions would be displayed right this would be my next all-day-rom.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

greetings,

Tobias

arjunbalagtasand02
Old
Thanks Meter 11
It is normal. There is nothing to worry about. I think it's framework related. I am using the ROMS of the developer of Zelly Cream for MDPI before and I did experience that. Nothing will happen to your phone. If you feel unsecure with that then try another ROM

Sent from my Xperia Mini Pro using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
Kernel: Radeon v. 4.0
ROM: xNXT 10

"Keep on enjoying your 2011 Xperia Phone!"

themueller
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi and thank you for your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunbalagtasand02 View Post
I am using the ROMS of the developer of Zelly Cream for MDPI before and I did experience that.
Do you think he known about this problem? I can't write to the original thread because it's a dev-thread and i'm a newbie here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunbalagtasand02 View Post
If you feel unsecure with that then try another ROM
I'm relly feel insecure if I dont know about the nedded permissions before installing an app.

Any suggestions for a good mod? Your are using xNXT, are you happy with it?

I've tried FXP and some other CM Variants so far but because of the camera-lib-topic they are all bad for me. The stock cam is ok for daily use, the cm-Cam isn't.

So I looked around for stock-based mods and came to ZC.
The Zelly Cream is the first Rom I found with good a good cam and video quality and also nice performance...

greetings,

Tobias

arjunbalagtasand02
Old
Thanks Meter 11
XNXT is a good one. It uses the stock camera app of Sony. You can try installing Cybershot MOD of Rizal Lovins for good camera.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=44944836

Download the Cybershot MOD in that post. It was resigned by me to make it run on xNXT.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I think Zelly Cream uses the Cybershot MOD for Camera. But really, there is nothing to worry about that permissions

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

You can also try the Original Z1 Honami ROM. It is also a good ROM. Right now I am using SJB.

Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
Kernel: Radeon v. 4.0
ROM: xNXT 10

"Keep on enjoying your 2011 Xperia Phone!"
The Following User Says Thank You to arjunbalagtasand02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

themueller
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi!

It seems that the author of ZC doesn't care about permissions at all. He has tried to reproduce my problem but couldn't on his phone, so there's perhaps no way to debug and so solve this issue...

xnxt seems indeed great and thank you for the pointers to the cybershot mod. Looks great now an I'll fiddle around a bit with the tons of options...

Also I'll have a look for Honami, thank you for the hint.

btw... Have a nice xmas

greetings,

tobias