5,593,293 Members 33,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP with ICS>JB on Cherry Mobile Flare/Karbonn A9+

Tip us?

abracadavre
Old
(Last edited by abracadavre; 26th December 2013 at 04:24 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP with ICS>JB on Cherry Mobile Flare/Karbonn A9+

Hi I'm trying to upgrade my Cherry Mobile Flare/Karbonn A9+ from ICS to Jellybean and was following the tutorial I found here at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ght=karbonn+a9 . I have followed the tutorial exactly and when I get to step 5 Download the AP firmware I load the Stock JB Rom folder into Qualfast then click OK boot my phone into green mode and connect it with microusb it just sits there and does nothing and says waiting for devices. I noticed when I plug it in at this stage the phone shows up in my device manager under other devices as "Android" and does not have any drivers installed. I installed the drivers included in the Karbonn driver pack before I started the whole process already, I don't know why it just sits there when I plug it in the green screen mode in Qualfast. I'm a new user and can't post in the tutorial thread yet, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Using Win 7 64bit btw.

abracadavre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After looking at a few more tutorials and youtube videos it seems the problem is my abd drivers. When I plug the phone in fastboot(green screen mode) in device manager it is now showing up under adb interace "Android" but it have the yellow exclamation and in properties it says the device is not configured correctly driver is not intended for this platform. Everytime I try to install the abd drivers for win64 is says the drivers are already up to date. I tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling it always does the same thing. Any help?

abracadavre
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well I figured it out, I couldn't get the ABD drivers to manually install no matter what I tried so I installed the drivers via pdanet.exe program. Anybody having trouble installing ABD drivers on x64 just use pdanet to install them.