[Q] Decompiling and building SystemUI.apk

Tip us?

gakio12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Decompiling and building SystemUI.apk

Okay, so I am trying to get the navbar working on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Pretty much, I have a feeling that SystemUI is missing the icons for the navbar, which causes it to crash when the build.prop has the line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0". The SystemUI has all the other files that were required for the S4 sysui mod, except for the icons. Being a noob at this, I went ahead and tried to add the icons, but my apk resulted in "System UI has stopped.".

So I decided maybe I am doing something wrong. So with Android Multitool for windows, I installed framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk, and twframework-res.apk. Next I select the SystemUI.apk for decompiling, and decompile it. Then I simply select the decompiled directory (didn't modify anything!), and recompile it. I then open the new SystemUI.apk in 7z and add the META-INF and AndroidManifest.xml from the old SystemUI.apk. I then select the newly compiled SystemUI.apk for signing, then I sign it.

This is just decompiling, then building the same thing without modifications. SystemUI.apk before decompiling is 2.7 MB, the newly compiled one is only 2 MB! Something is missing out of the new one, but when I compare them in 7z, the only thing I can see that is different is the packed size; whereas the old one has files and folders that take up more space packed than the new one.

When I try doing this with just apktool and cmd, I get java errors like crazy, and the whole SystemUI.apk ends up only half decompiling.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Warrior1975
Old
Thanks Meter 1307
Your best bet would be to copy the log to pastebin, and post it in the apktool support thread. Get more views there for sure. Which version of apktool are you using? Can you decompile and recompile anything? Also, if you want post your systemui up and i could see if I can get it to work, narrow it down to a problem on your end that way.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Galaxy Note 2-Tweaked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior1975 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gakio12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
This is my first time doing this, so of course I make a noob mistake! I thought I had to sign ALL apks, but this is a SYSTEM app, and I don't sign it. All is well! Thanks for the reply. I also updated my apktool to 1.5.2, so that may have helped too.
The Following User Says Thank You to gakio12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 8745

DONATE TO ME
all you have to do is add a + before the @ sign in the line that is giving you errors....umm depending if it is xml errors....

post the errors.....

The Following User Says Thank You to TheAxman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ryanperez
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakio12 View Post
This is my first time doing this, so of course I make a noob mistake! I thought I had to sign ALL apks, but this is a SYSTEM app, and I don't sign it. All is well! Thanks for the reply. I also updated my apktool to 1.5.2, so that may have helped too.
You don't need to sign it? I have also this problem. It gives me error that SystemUI has stopped.